Model Cars Magazine Forum

BRBO 21 Tyrone Malone Papa Truck

1 hour ago, gotnitro? said:

Looks like a great start ! Going w am wheels will definitely set Papa off ! 

Are you going w the stock paint scheme or something else 

Looking forward to your updates 

I’m going with the stock scheme.I have been wanting to build the Papa Truck for years.I hope to build the Super Boss to ride on back on of it hopefully later this year too.

Edited by catpack68

Nice, I will follow this.

Keep in mind that the kit is not entirely correct for the Papa Truck if you want to do it right, except for the wheels the AG 100 rear suspension is wrong as the real truck has torsion bars, the front bumper should be a Peterbilt style bumper and the interior needs some work to be right.
The engine is called out to be white in the instructions but I don't think that's right because the real truck is a 1976 Bicentennial edition and Kenworth stopped with white engines after 1975 and all Bicentennial edition trucks I have seen pictures of the engines has manufacturer colors...so I think the 8V-92 should be silver...I have no picture proof of that but that's what I think is most likely based on the research I have done on the subject.
But this all depends on how close to the real truck you want your model to be, the suspension and some of the other things are not visible when the model sits on the shelf so do as you please...it's your model after all.

Edited by Force

10 hours ago, Force said:

Nice, I will follow this.

Keep in mind that the kit is not entirely correct for the Papa Truck if you want to do it right, except for the wheels the AG 100 rear suspension is wrong as the real truck has torsion bars, the front bumper should be a Peterbilt style bumper and the interior needs some work to be right.
The engine is called out to be white in the instructions but I don't think that's right because the real truck is a 1976 Bicentennial edition and Kenworth stopped with white engines after 1975 and all Bicentennial edition trucks I have seen pictures of the engines has manufacturer colors...so I think the 8V-92 should be silver...I have no picture proof of that but that's what I think is most likely based on the research I have done on the subject.
But this all depends on how close to the real truck you want your model to be, the suspension and some of the other things are not visible when the model sits on the shelf so do as you please...it's your model after all.

I’m not going to worry about making it too correct.Just going to add the correct wheels and scratchbuild front the bumper.I’m not going to worry about the interior or the suspension.I remember talking to you about this truck several years back.Thanks for the info on it and it definitely will help me get started.

Edited by catpack68

Yes you can do it as you please Scott, it's your model and with the right wheels and bumper if will be just fine as the other stuff doesn't show without turning it uppside down.
If you look up the 1976 Bicentennial interior at least you see what colors it should be, most of the interior panels are diamond tuft in the kit but the interior panels in the bicentennials are flat, speckled beige, red, white and blue.

Edited by Force

• 4 weeks later...

I got the frame,engine and trans painted on the Papa Truck I’m working on.I have been working on some other projects so this one got stalled.The frame is Duplicolor gold lacquer.Transmission is Duplicolor red lacquer and the engine is Tamiya Gloss Aluminum.Should have some more updates next week on it.

68376907-55E0-44CC-A719-122573D17A3F.jpeg