Model Cars Magazine Forum

Monogram Troublemaker

Nacho Z

With the 15th Annual 24 Hour Model Build coming up in a few weeks I thought I would share last years build with you.  This was built box stock with one exception.  The two piece rear slicks were garbage and I used a set of aftermarket ones from Speed City Resin.  I almost completed it in the allotted 24 hours but I saved some of the finer details for when I was rested.  Not much else to say about it.  Let me know if you have any questions about it.  Thanks for looking.

20200407 163132

20200407 163502

20200407 163729

20200407 164209

20200407 164654

20200407 171505

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Zen said:

WOW, Looks great !!!!

Thank you, Zen!

6 hours ago, Painted Black said:

I like it.. super clean build. I haven't built anything in 24 hrs since I was just a teen.

Thanks, Robert! And honestly that is the whole idea behind the Annual 24 Hour Build. To harken back to the days as a kid when you ripped them open and started building them, no worries, no fuss.

2 hours ago, e30lover said:

Super clean and great photography! Really brings out the detail of the car.

Thank you, Chang!

2 hours ago, doorsovdoon said:

wow, it's gleaming clean, I really like that. Spectacular job for a 24hr build! I'd have fingerprints and paint everywhere if I tried that, Lol.

Lol, I hear you. It was a fun little build.

2 hours ago, larman said:

Awesome job! Very cleanly built it! 

Thanks, Larry!

1 hour ago, Dragline said:

Super Dooper! In 24 eh? It's getting reissued by Atlantis. Between this, Groovy Grader and Unreal Roller I'll be happy with Tom Daniels for a while.

Thanks, Bob! The car was pretty much done in 24 hours but I left some items for when I was rested. I always pick relatively simple kits for the Annual 24 Hour Build.

59 minutes ago, Modlbldr said:

Very nice work on a rarely seen build. And in 24 hrs, no less! Fantastic!

Any idea when this year's 24 he build is? Might want to get involved.

Later-

Tom, thanks for the nice words. As I said to Bob, (reply above yours), I had it pretty much completed in 24 hours. Did some final things when I got rested up. To answer your question about this year’s build, it is January 30/31. I am one of the 5 founding members of this iteration of the Annual 24 Hour Build. This year is our 15th year. We always build on the same weekend as the 24 Hours of Daytona. We have a Facebook page and that is where everything is posted and shared. If you don’t do FB we may be able to work around it. Please let me know if there is anything I can help you with. It is a fun time.

5 minutes ago, Nacho Z said:

Tom,

To answer your question about this year’s build, it is January 30/31. I am one of the 5 founding members of this iteration of the Annual 24 Hour Build. This year is our 15th year. We always build on the same weekend as the 24 Hours of Daytona. We have a Facebook page and that is where everything is posted and shared. If you don’t do FB we may be able to work around it. Please let me know if there is anything I can help you with. It is a fun time.

That sounds great! My first few weeks of January are slammed! By the 30/31 I may need a good distraction. I don't do FB but I'll post my build on here. If you want to copy the photos (or want me to send them to you in any way) I'm fine with that. I'll pick a kit. Just let me know what time to start.

Later-

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, unclescott58 said:

Beautiful build John. Sorry I’m late for the party on seeing this one. Found it on my search for more info after deciding to order the “Son of Troublemaker this morning. 

I appreciate it, Scott!  As I recall it wasn’t a bad kit except for the 2-piece rear tires.

I, too, managed to miss this one the first time around. Great job on your build. Most people would be happy to do one so well in 24 DAYS! This kit showcases what Tom Daniel and Monogram understood about model cars - real eye-catching models can be made with a minimum of fuss.

• 3 months later...