Model Cars Magazine Forum

1936 Ford Coupe . AMT Kit .

rob1957

Here is my first build at this type of kit . Picked it up second hand in antiques mall.

My difficulty was getting the hood together properly . I had detailed the engine but in the end I had to glue the hood in place so I miss out on seeing my engine work .

1936 Ford Box (640x480).jpg

The biggest issue we had was the  coupe top to the body . It was challenging , lots of Vallejo putty and delicate sanding . And some material removal on top of

pass side interior tub.

Fortunately this colour hid a lot of the work .

Plastic thickness on interior tub walls was much thicker on pass. side than driver side . Something went wrong at the factory .

We had fun . It was a challenge/learning experience .

Enjoy .

instruction sht top (640x480).jpg

Nice looking little Ford. This kit can be a challenge due to all the things that you mentioned. Molding the top to the body and getting the hood and grill to fit nicely can be frustrating but you made it look great! I like the slightly lowered front end myself. Thanks for sharing it.

Later-

13 hours ago, rob1957 said:

I should have installed the rear tail lights before painting . Fit up wasn't the best so I left off pass. side tail light . My mistake .

driver side rear to front (640x480).jpg

Nice job on this one. It really is a nice kit, except for some minor fitment issues...like those tail lights (I remember shimming and re-shaping them) and the hood ornament. The separate roof is the biggest hurdle to making this one look good I think. 

Thanks for feedback everyone .

Some pre-drilled holes for door handles and those tail lights would have been nice .Tail lights req'd some re-shaping as NOBLNG mentions .

Unfortunately I didn't look that far ahead in the instructions and drill these holes myself.

I need a bit more experience and some artistic technique with the final paint job.