Model Cars Magazine Forum

BRBO 21 Kenworth W900 and Flatbed

5 hours ago, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

I like the color!

Thanks, Brian ? I thought it would go well with the stripe decals that came in the kit (plus we're just blue people, LOL, the much loved family vehicle, for example, is a Voodoo Blue and white FJ, this will remind me of that ??)

A little closer. The kit's stripe decals were dang nearly impossible to get off of that blue backing paper and ripped almost instantly when I did (regardless of how long you soaked in warm-hot water...I tried 2 sets from 2 different kits), LOL, so this just became a single color tractor ?‍♂️? Hood's just sitting on there (not mounted), but everything else in the pics is mounted. Interior pic was shot before I added silver (color pencil) dials on the gauges (which are so light that it's almost impossible to see in the cab).

IMG_5855 (2).JPG

IMG_5856 (2).JPG

IMG_5857 (2).JPG

IMG_5859 (2).JPG

IMG_5861 (2).JPG

IMG_5863 (2).JPG

IMG_5864 (2).JPG

Thanks, JT 🙏😊

Nothing left to do except detail paint the CB antennas (I forgot to do that before taking pics 🤷🏻‍♂️😂), and add a few small decals. I successfully managed to break half of the hood “hinges” and now it sits a little off-kilt 🤦🏻‍♂️, but it’ll be ok, I’m calling it 99.99999% done and Moving On (if you got that, you’re old! 🤣). First build of 2021 before the last day of the first month 😁 No need to actually enter mine in the BRBO, it's just a snap kit and not my best work (I found that I was rustier than I thought I was), I just needed the inspiration from you guy's builds to get me motor-vated to get off my bum and build something (and that is greatly appreciated, guys), LOL! 😜 Not going to make a "finished" thread yet because I haven't started the trailer (as the title of the build thread says, "W900 and Flatbed" so I'm only half done 😉) . his was what I needed to get back to building, though, I'll start on either the trailer or another tractor in the next day or two (the Revell Peterbilt sister kit to this one, but I'll be trying my hand at stretching it and extending the sleeper a bit on that one when I get to it).

IMG_6081 (2).JPG

IMG_6082 (2).JPG

IMG_6083 (2).JPG

IMG_6084 (2).JPG

IMG_6087 (2).JPG

Many thanks, guys 🙏 I'll get going on the trailer this week (hopefully, LOL). 

Scott: I did have to fiddle with them (warm water massaging them into shape, they were a bit, not quite round), but I guess I got lucky as they weren't very bad in my kit, other than that and lightly sanding the trad that's about all I did 😊👍

Thanks, Gareth 🙏😊 The paint is Tamiya "Brilliant Blue" (TS-44) from a rattle can, no polishing or gloss coat (so it would look...not shiny or new, if that makes sense?) I'm really happy with the shade of blue that it came out 👍 (it's not very far off from the Voodoo Blue on our FJ Cruiser, LOL)

• 3 weeks later...

Might be a bit before I get that trailer built. I haven't been on here nearly as much the last couple weeks, I've been dealing with a health issue (I'm pretty sure it's nothing life threatening, but it's been pretty painful and drains most of my energy and desire to do much). Doing a little better the last couple days, but being honest I've been itching to build a Camaro kit first, LOL, but I will get to it soon hopefully. :) 

Edited by Olskoolrodder