Model Cars Magazine Forum

Builds of 2020

Dan Hay

I just got here, so I'm a little late. Seriously, before 2020 it had been a good 3-4 years before I'd worked on anything...  but so much time at home got me building again.  It was a nice mix of box stock builds and all-out builds. (as I call them).  The 32 sedan and Chevy gasser were the all out builds, the Black Widow and the Eliminator coupe were the easy, relaxing box stock builds. I tend to alternate so I don't get burned out.  My eyes are tired so I've got a 1/12 67 Corvette on deck that will be a box stock build. 

IMG_1301.jpg

IMG_1300.jpg

IMG_1299.jpg

IMG_1298.jpg

IMG_1297.jpg

IMG_1296.jpg

IMG_1295.jpg

IMG_1294.jpg

image9.jpeg

image3 (3).jpeg

image5 (1).jpeg

Great group! The ‘32 Fordor is the best use for that Drag City Casting body that I’ve seen yet. I like it better than my own! And the fit & finish on the Eliminator is really nice, especially the fit of the roof. You’d never know it was a separate piece. Not to mention the stance is perfect with those front tires tucked. For some reason the others I’ve seen in recent years always seem to ride high. I think other people must not get the fenders down tight on the frame or something...