Model Cars Magazine Forum

WITB Hasegawa Nissan Skyline R32 NISMO GTR

martinfan5

6 hours ago, Erik Smith said:

Interesting way to do the trunk and hood. 
Overall, looks great. 

Thats to aid in doing the up coming race versions,  they only have to tool some new parts instead of a new body.   I believe the tunk lid will have fuel filler openings on the top.

Edited by martinfan5

2 hours ago, martinfan5 said:

Thats to aid in doing the up coming race versions,  they only have to tool some new parts instead of a new body.   I believe the truck lid will have fuel filler openings on the top.

make sense to me, design it with as much commonality and change whatever insert is needed for the next variant(s)planned.  would also limit (or remove) any very thin cutout areas and the possibility of the builder botching the cut ruining a body 

1 hour ago, WGaree said:

make sense to me, design it with as much commonality and change whatever insert is needed for the next variant(s)planned.  would also limit (or remove) any very thin cutout areas and the possibility of the builder botching the cut ruining a body 

This is the variaton coming next(this month)

10736771p.jpg.094ced8769ca1c2aaee1a3ef747759df.jpg

You can see why the trunk lid is separate

10736771a3.jpg.0f105de54ae6719955848ae1fd338b65.jpg

Edited by martinfan5

The trunk is separate because it's pre-cut to accept the NiSMO spoiler that both kits use.  The fuel inlets are already flashed over on the initial issue of the kit - if you look closely at the photo you can see the plastic swirl a little darker in two circles (plus I have one of these too and I can attest they're already there to be drilled through).  I suspect we'll see a wide range of R32 platform cars including mayhaps a GTS-4, or a GTS-t M/S is always a possibility too since nothing is molded to the chassis pan floor, so it's possible to change the chassis from 4WD to RWD by changing out the engine bottom.  Several of the top end non-GT-R R32 Skylines used the Super HICAS system, so you wouldn't have to change the suspension components out.  There are several versions planned as you may note there are FOUR sets of mirror faces on the chrome tree.

Edited by niteowl7710