Model Cars Magazine Forum

2021 Round2 First Quarter

Mr mopar

5 hours ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

That's something I never thought I'd ever see again after the brewery boycott on 90s NASCAR kits.

The work around for this was figured out in the 2000s by Revell. Designate it as an adult collectable and sell stuff only through hobby shops. 

There is a little irony in the fact all these years later both breweries are on the same licensing system after the merger of Miller, Coors and Molson into a singular entity.

16 hours ago, bigred63 said:

I guess, I be putting a few away, for the future! What Great news! Still like to know what the New Big Rig kit, is going to be!

The “new” big rig is the International CO4070. It’s been completely retooled from 3D scanning as the original tool is Definitely gone. The best way to guarantee that we will get more new big rigs is to vote with our wallets. I’m sure this will sell very well.

Ben

17 hours ago, Bennyg said:

The “new” big rig is the International CO4070. It’s been completely retooled from 3D scanning as the original tool is Definitely gone.

3D scanning is going to be Round 2's (and possibly other companies) key to restoring all those old kits that were lost. Let's here it for the future!

The Coors trailer will be useful for me as I have an old White Freightliner big rig set that hasn't been opened yet and I'm confident the decals will have faded by know (like they have on a couple of other old kits I have).  It looks like Round 2 have chosen some good kits to bring back out this year - the reworked International cabover will prove to be popular.

On 1/15/2021 at 11:06 AM, Bennyg said:

The “new” big rig is the International CO4070. It’s been completely retooled from 3D scanning as the original tool is Definitely gone. The best way to guarantee that we will get more new big rigs is to vote with our wallets. I’m sure this will sell very well.

Ben

I will for sure get at least a couple as I have missed out on the original kit wich was out for only a short period and is very expensive if you find one.
The CO4070A Transtar replaced the CO4000 1968-69 and the original CO4070A kit was issued 1973-74, the updated CO4070B Transtar II came 1974 and the tooling was modified to do the newer truck 1975ish...so the CO4070A might have been out on the market only for a couple of years, the CO4070B was out a lot longer and have been reissued once or twice but the tooling for it seems to be lost or didn't come with the other tooling Round 2 first leased then bought from RC2/Tomy.
I have two of the CO4070B Transtar II Eagle kits so the CO4070A Transtar would be a nice addition and as I said, I will buy at least two when it comes out.

Edited by Force

1 hour ago, Force said:

I will for sure get at least a couple as I have missed out on the original kit wich was out for only a short period and is very expensive if you find one.
The CO4070A Transtar replaced the CO4000 1968-69 and the original CO4070A kit was issued 1973-74, the updated CO4070B Transtar II came 1974 and the tooling was modified to do the newer truck 1975ish...so the CO4070A might have been out on the market only for a couple of years, the CO4070B was out a lot longer and have been reissued once or twice but the tooling for it seems to be lost or didn't come with the other tooling Round 2 first leased then bought from RC2/Tomy.
I have two of the CO4070B Transtar II Eagle kits so the CO4070A Transtar would be a nice addition and as I said, I will buy at least two when it comes out.

I’m just speculating here (a boy can dream), but I wouldn’t be surprised if we see the 4070B return as it would be a cheap tooling to do considering how much is shared with the 4070A. 

Ben

MSRP for the 4070A is understandable. However if I go back the mid 1970’s when I was a yute in High School I used to shovel walks/driveways during snowstorms to save for my kits. I charged $3.00 per walk do 6 or 7 jobs a day and when it warmed up buy my kits and paints. I figure if I do 24 walks at $3.00 a pop I can get the kit.

Really neat to see this come back,i knew it only be a matter of time before it came out.I remembe r being able to buy these kits at the local International truck dealer,they sold some toys and models in the showroom then,the trucks were .3.75  the tractors were 2.75  ,at the K-mart across the road the truck kits were 5.95.At that time the K-mart did not carry any of the Ertl kits,they had all the others.The Ertl kits were hard to source around here at that time,this was in 1973-4.. Harvey

14 hours ago, alexis said:

While we're on this topic, who wants the Kenworth, Alaska Hauler hit back?

The Only Truck kit I ever really wanted........

Auslowe has all the parts needed to do the Alaskan Hauler, maybe not cheap but cheaper than getting an original kit on ebay.
But on the other hand, if the tooling is still there Round 2 will most likely do that version too, and the tool inserts for the specific parts can't be that worn as I think the Alaskan Hauler version was issued only two or maybe three times and the last time around 40 years ago.

4 hours ago, Force said:

Auslowe has all the parts needed to do the Alaskan Hauler, maybe not cheap but cheaper than getting an original kit on ebay.
But on the other hand, if the tooling is still there Round 2 will most likely do that version too, and the tool inserts for the specific parts can't be that worn as I think the Alaskan Hauler version was issued only two or maybe three times and the last time around 40 years ago.

I sold my Alaskan hauler and bought the Auslowe version as it has optional headlights and better chequer plate. i wouldn’t be surprised if Round2 do release the Alaskan Hauler though.

Ben

3 hours ago, Bennyg said:

I sold my Alaskan hauler and bought the Auslowe version as it has optional headlights and better chequer plate. i wouldn’t be surprised if Round2 do release the Alaskan Hauler though.

Ben

All the other trucks seem to be coming out so maybe it will make an appearance...