Model Cars Magazine Forum

Been So Long . . .

Danno

On 1/15/2021 at 3:30 PM, mchook said:

YUP!!! It was great the first time and we've all been busy building since then so there should be lots of entries. 

Great!  Glad to have you return.  (And, thanks again for your participation last year.)

Be sure to spread the word.

We heard several builders say they didn't know about it until registration was over, but they would have entered had they known. We'll try to get the word out to as many as possible this time.

Details coming soon!

??

32 minutes ago, Steve H said:

Yes sir, I’m in !!!!

Awesome!  Glad to have you return, too!  (And, thanks again for your participation last year.)

As mentioned above, be sure to spread the word. 

We want to be certain as many builders as possible get the word and have the opportunity to enter.

Details coming soon!

??

It'll be good to have you back, too, Misha!  (And, thanks again for your participation last year.)

As mentioned above, be sure to spread the word. 

We want to be certain as many builders as possible get the word and have the opportunity to enter.

Details coming soon!

??

• 3 weeks later...

Congrats on a successful DSC V16. You guys had some outstanding entries. A big pat on the back to you and your club for the effort put forth for a great Covid-19 work-around.

Alyn Loya

FYI: check your count down clock. If my calculations are correct, it's counting down to the end of May, not the 1st.

• 2 weeks later...

DANNO !!! Checked out the web site last night, looks like you are ready to roll. This is awesome, I really enjoyed the contest last year, and will definitely participate again. Thank you to yourself and the club for hosting! You will certainly have a handful of us islanders again.

Cheers, Steve

Thank you, each and every one; Mark, Steve, Misha, Kurt, Karl, and Alyn. 

We appreciate your enthusiasm and compliments.  It tells us we hit the mark!

We hope this year will be even greater than last!

Spread the word, everyone is welcome at DSC!

And, we're open for award sponsorships, event sponsorships, and virtual vendors!  Website has everything.

Come one, come all . . . let's Do It Again!

🌵😎

• 1 month later...

News Flash! 

MCM Issue # 208 is out and about, with an 8 page full feature spread on dscV16, with 37 models displayed in large format pictures!  

Plus, a scannable QR code for more online content!! 

Check it out, then get your dscV17 entries in!  Let's see if yours is featured in the next MCM coverage of DESERT SCALE CLASSIC!

{Registration deadline is May 1 - make that 31.}

🌵😎

Edited by Danno

2 hours ago, majel said:

Hey Dan you listed three registration deadline as May 1, but the website shows May 31st.  Are you trying to freak us out or push us to get things done?  Looking forward to another great contest!!

Ha, ha!  You got me.  My bad - typo.  Sorry for the stress.  (Good catch, Jim!)

Wait a minute.  I was just testing to see if anyone reads my posts.  That's it. It was just a test! I didn't make a boo-boo, it was a test. 

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

LOL. 

🌵😎

Edited by Danno

Just wanted to acknowledge and thank the entire team hosting the DSC contests for  doing last years first virtual contest.  I got my copy of MCM 208 magazine yesterday and the coverage was fantastic all the way through along with the rest of the magazine.  Not sure if I'll entire some past builds this year or not but no matter what I look forward to seeing the entries and results to THIS years show.  Thanks again Danno!   Cheers, Tim