Model Cars Magazine Forum
Chariots of Fire

Jacksonville Pierce Enforcer 1750 Pump Is Finished.

It's been quite a busy build.  Lots of little details that just piled up as the work went on.  I've learned a few things during this process including the need for a bit more patience and thinking about what comes next.   But if learning is not part of the experience there will be limits on what will be done for the next project.  So here we are.

161.JPG.0cf4ed62e8ed8335f47ca4b09d159376.JPG162.JPG.6ae6f0a4c5a0b8f329d204b5ca48ac68.JPG163.JPG.b3d7eacbf3c433b28274820229608459.JPG164.JPG.0db005bd414104001dc604b2367130eb.JPG165.JPG.54b94280c8376617f1b103b6633b4d11.JPG166.JPG.3b32d4a7e6574ff0c576d4518fb7ebb5.JPG167.JPG.b1c815f2ad380b8a03443a18ba1d8097.JPG 

I’m not sure how many times I can say “WOW”, but WOW! This thing is beautiful! Your are truly a master builder! Your work is not only enjoyable, but also inspirational! I’m looking forward to your next project!

Thanks, Brian.  I'm thinking a WW II WC-51.  It was the type of rig that pulled the pump trailers like the one I built a few months ago.  I'll start with a brass frame and go from there.

Amen to Brian's comments! Purely beautiful, Charlie!!!

Thank you for sharing  it!!

??

Absolutely superb model, your skills are brilliant....

Speechless. Where are the keys, I'll deliver it:D

greg

Really beautiful work Charles. I am in  awe at your abilities and skills. That rig is indeed a work of art. 

Beautiful rig! Amazing how you created the body from scratch, then so thoroughly detailed it with kit  and scratchbuilt pieces, and then even loaded it up with weathered hose, all details look spot on! Thank you for taking us along every step of the way in the WIP section of this forum, too!

And we appreciate your openness in sharing your techniques and tips in building your works of technical art!

?? 

I’ve used the term “museum-quality” several times in the past when describing your work. This one is no different. It’s a work of art.

On 1/21/2021 at 4:37 PM, vincen47 said:

I’ve used the term “museum-quality” several times in the past when describing your work. This one is no different. It’s a work of art.

X2

DJ

Yeah... This baby ROCKS!!! Truly an amazing build... I enjoyed the build thread, as it taught me a lot... As I'm sure many others, here, would agree... I totally appreciate your help and advice on my own personal fire apparatus build, and I hope to do another one, soon... You've got these things down to a fine science, My Friend... It, most certainly, shows in your work... Man, this is a good build!!!

First time browsing through trucks here and came across this one..Amazing!... So fun to look at all the incredible detail.... Very clean, nicely done work. Can’t imagine how much time goes into some of these trucks..wow!

Every one is different, Josh.  It helps to have photos of the real thing to go by.  Time varies from a  hundred or so hours to  500 and up depending on how much needs to be fabricated.

Outstanding work! Amazed at the amount of scratch building and fine detailing you do with all of your builds!

Great looking engine.  Fantastic build.