Model Cars Magazine Forum

Shelby Series 1

Sport Suburban

This is another one I finished this last year. Revell Shelby Series 1. Mostly built out of the box but changed out the tires for others in my parts box. The original tires were miss molded and a little to big and fell off the rims. For some reason this build was a problem. My first paint job the clear reacted to the silver paint so I had to strip and redo. Since I used real automotive clear the paint didn't come off easy and I searched out a new body and decals. Then when I got restarted after sitting for years I had 2 more paint jobs I was not happy with so it was stripped a few more times. First one was German silver  and I didn't like it. Second one was more of a chrome silver and it was just to chrome. I was trying different silvers I had lying around. Finally went out and bought Tamiya TS-17 Gloss Aluminum and was happy with it! I had to find multiple sets of decals for it as I also wanted extra stripes to go over the back and down under the rear bumper. It is finally done and I'm real happy with it. This is my second Series 1 and the first didn't give me to many issues. Just mainly getting the hoods to close.

99_Shelby_Series1__2a.JPG

99_Shelby_Series1__2b.JPG

99_Shelby_Series1__2c.JPG

99_Shelby_Series1__2d.JPG

99_Shelby_Series1__2e.JPG

99_Shelby_Series1__2g.JPG

99_Shelby_Series1__2h.JPG

99_Shelby_Series1__2i.JPG