Model Cars Magazine Forum

80ish Revell Oldsmobile conversion

hct728(Bob)

My attempt at my wife’s  first car, a 1978 Cutlass Supreme. Had to fill in the hood scoop on the initial issue kit, among other things to backdate and de-tune it. Made a bench seat for it too

11C67387-0500-4057-BA5C-E3D9985C0179.jpeg

431E11B1-DE80-4B14-BB32-7B8275DD81C4.jpeg

Couldn’t forget the car seat in the back, seeing our firstborn baking back there (no A/C) led us to trading it in on something more comfortable after 11 years!

C44CF389-76E7-4F1A-9BF4-B43836105ECE.jpeg

Edited by hct728(Bob)
Added picture

23 hours ago, espo said:

Very clean looking standard Olds. I would put this in a plastic case to protect it as this has to bring back so many pleasant  Firsts in your life. The Childs Seat in the back is the perfect touch.  

Thanks for the good advice! I painted a Taurus up as my Sable eons ago, minus the DOUBLE car seats IT had,  time to re-do it better as well. I have some spare cases bought on sale, was ‘saving’ them, LOL

15 minutes ago, hct728(Bob) said:

Thanks for the good advice! I painted a Taurus up as my Sable eons ago, minus the DOUBLE car seats IT had,  time to re-do it better as well. I have some spare cases bought on sale, was ‘saving’ them, LOL

I have a shelf in my "Cave" where I display models of cars I have owned through the years. Amazing thoughts sometimes come to mind when I happen to spend any time looking at them. I have always liked and enjoyed cars more than most even since childhood. This is why I suggested the extra efforts to preserve this model as it would represent a very special time in your life. Do what I have suggested and remember to look at it often when ever you need something to cheer you up or put your life in prospective and see if I'm not right about this, and good luck to you and your young family going forward in life.