Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum
BeakDoc

Porsche 356C Carrera Coupe

Recommended Posts

I built one of these as a teenager that I had received as a Christmas gift. It was the first kit I had laid hands on that wasn’t an American subject by an American model maker. I remember being blown away by the parts count and detail. I also remember what a total hack job I made of it. I saw this one on ebay a few months ago and pounced on it.

I’m not what you’d call a “Porsche guy” but I have always loved the looks and lines of the 356s. I tried to keep the paint/interior colors period correct looking. The color is Tamiya AS-29 Gray Green with Testors Wet Look clear. Other than wiring the distributors and adding coils it’s box stock. I cracked the cowl while polishing her out.

Thanks for looking. Comments, questions, tips, pointers, critiques and conversations are always welcome. Namaste.
 

B7979CCA-9D87-4855-BA10-74769EF289D3.jpeg

E99C6D96-186D-456C-B66A-0B0944204BD9.jpeg

DB48B29D-10A5-42F5-AFD1-733899A9CC44.jpeg

74650381-F619-4215-BEF7-CFA210E3B2F3.jpeg

850CE9D7-4D81-42C9-A9BF-285DAF954646.jpeg

494607A7-AF55-4F89-95B8-2A32AE422E4E.jpeg

8B0B9467-38F3-476B-A4F8-31784380105E.jpeg

0E29B845-730D-454D-9DDA-A6CB713B0C83.jpeg

41C3C97A-D2F6-42AF-8777-F4C9085CA92A.jpeg

2ED26728-DECD-4EFD-AB6B-809298DC4AB0.jpeg

0EEC06CE-C79E-4809-904F-DBA20D67EE23.jpeg

C17F236A-A5FF-4854-918B-CA15EC120C77.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lovely little Porsche!... Nice job on keeping it clean and authentic looking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sweet 356!  Bummer about the crack, been there done that.  I also built one of these many years ago, but it was the Roadster, I sold it.  Have the Speedster, but sort of intimidated to build it.  I like the colors you chose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very good looking Porsche.  Thanks for sharing your photos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great colour choice. I should get back to work on my Fujimi 356 Speedster at some point in time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great  job completing the best Fujimi enthusiast kit! I loved building mine, and I want to build another one! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I, too, am a fan of the 356, and I'd say you've done it justice.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beautiful paint finish and I like the way the interior colors are done. Great details including the owner's manual mounted by the spare tire. I had to go back and relook at the pictures to find the crack you mentioned. In the one picture I only noticed it because you mentioned it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is a beautiful job.  Makes me want to build one.  I think I have that kit somewhere.  I have been pretty intimidated by it.     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/24/2021 at 2:35 AM, 89AKurt said:

Sweet 356!  Bummer about the crack, been there done that.  I also built one of these many years ago, but it was the Roadster, I sold it.  Have the Speedster, but sort of intimidated to build it.  I like the colors you chose.

 

1 hour ago, drodg said:

That is a beautiful job.  Makes me want to build one.  I think I have that kit somewhere.  I have been pretty intimidated by it.     

Aside from the high parts count (250+, I think) I can assure you that there is nothing about this kit that should intimidate anyone, especially skilled modelers such as yourselves. This kit is remarkably well engineered, even by Fujimi standards. Outside of opening up a few holes at attachment points a smidge, I had zero fitment issues. I had a little trouble with the hinge mechanisms on the bonnet and trunk, but I’m almost certain that that was operator error.

A big “thank you” to everyone for the comments!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, BeakDoc said:

 

Aside from the high parts count (250+, I think) I can assure you that there is nothing about this kit that should intimidate anyone, especially skilled modelers such as yourselves. This kit is remarkably well engineered, even by Fujimi standards. Outside of opening up a few holes at attachment points a smidge, I had zero fitment issues. I had a little trouble with the hinge mechanisms on the bonnet and trunk, but I’m almost certain that that was operator error.

A big “thank you” to everyone for the comments!

Thanks and once again great job

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice looking Porsche! The 356 has been on my list of wants for quite some time now. Great job! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Super nice build, love the color!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...