Model Cars Magazine Forum

79 Chevrolet Nova

Cool Hand

Appreciate all the comments. Thanks

On 1/31/2021 at 9:30 AM, FredRPG said:

Have you thought about narrowing the bumpers a bit to bring the ends in tight to the body or do they fit well as is?

Front is ok, so I will cap the ends for a cleaner look. But had thought about narrowing the rear, as each side could come in a couple mm for a better fit to the body.

Engine got a bit of a make over, re-painted with Pontiac engine blue. Also applied some Alclad chrome to fan and sump. And added some detail for visual interest.

K3f1VsZ.jpg

KgviiH0.jpg

OPx2p57.jpg

More visual interest added to the under carriage, some airbags to the rear and Alclad chrome.

ceyGTy7.jpg

And more Alclad chrome on a few other parts 

7RzRb0M.jpg

Nothing even close to accurate its just for looks.

Very nice.  It is cool to see this kit built in a different style.  I have one that I have been contemplating rebuilding.  I was planning to do mine as either a pro-street or a pro-touring style, but I like some of the touches you did on yours, I might have to borrow an idea or two.

Larry

Edited by larmcmains

On 2/3/2021 at 2:27 AM, larmcmains said:

Very nice.  It is cool to see this kit built in a different style.  I have one that I have been contemplating rebuilding.  I was planning to do mine as either a pro-street or a pro-touring style, but I like some of the touches you did on yours, I might have to borrow an idea or two.

Larry

Thanks.

I try to do something different, cant all build the same style's. Its fun trying to find a kit and build to our liking.

Happy that you can find some ideas and use them in your own build. This place is great for inspiration and idea's 

17 hours ago, Beamerman said:

Very nice...engine and chassis look awesome with that chrome...

Thanks.

Some of the Lowriders ive seen in the magazines seem to have lots of chrome. So tried applying to places where ive seen it done on the 1:1's

13 hours ago, KWT said:

This is coming together very nicely.. Love the engine compartment

Thanks.

Was a good way to not have to worry about all the compartment details just say its all hidden. 

Interior pretty much complete.

Some Lowriders have cool looking hydraulic set ups in the trunk/boot. But because I chose some airbags for looks on the rear, thought it would be cool to try imitate an air set up.

5AL4KcY.jpg

3D printed air compressors, scratch built tank and solenoids. 3D printed plaque. All painted with Alclad chrome.

Edited by Cool Hand

18 hours ago, disconovaman said:

That interior is nicely detailed. One common complaint I've heard of this kit is the interior lacks details. I don't see any shortage of details here. Very well done. Turned out great!

Thanks. The detail oob is there, its just not very crisp.

Tried my best to make it look the part by detail painting the main components, pedals, dash, window crank  and door handles. Also dug out the steering wheel from the spare parts. 

17 hours ago, MeatMan said:

It just keeps getting better!  :wub:

Getting there, couldnt resist an after paint mock.

pxSwBDF.jpg

R3ejNKs.jpg

HQJPhOW.jpg