Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT1963 Ford Galaixie Convertible Custom Done!

RDean58

This is a rebuild from a built up I got from ebay last year. First pictures of how I got it and the last is how it looks today.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Here it is rebuilt - Not perfect but I feel a bit better than when I got it. Painted Testors' Revving Red with wet look clear. The bubble rear window and custom roof came from another 63 Galaxie I have. The engine block came in the model but I used new chrome from one of the many 63 Ford kits I have to freshen it up.  I also used new custom parts from the various 63 Galaxie kits I have. The spotlights are from the AMT 62 Buick kit.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for looking, all comments welcomed.

This reminds me of some of the futuristic show cars the manufactures had at car shows back then. The top especially since that was one of the things Ford was using at that time. All of the extra styling parts are blended in smoothly and the paint looks great. 

3 hours ago, mchook said:

Great rebuild! You made it into a real show piece. I'm pretty sure I know where it came from?. If you think it looked bad when you got it you should have seen it before it was cleaned?. Again, nice work.

Bill's models 006.JPG

I was hoping the original owner would be on this site! Thanks for the feedback I really do appreciate it. I have to say it cleaned up really nice! There was hardly any red left after a bath in purple power!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

19 hours ago, RDean58 said:

I was hoping the original owner would be on this site! Thanks for the feedback I really do appreciate it. I have to say it cleaned up really nice! There was hardly any red left after a bath in purple power!

WOW, I tried to strip one from this lot and nothing would remove it. This one cleaned up nice. I'm saving your pictures to show the original builder how good his old model looks now.