Model Cars Magazine Forum

Is this a crime?

I would suggest stretching the length of the rear wheel opening in the rear quarter panels. This was often what was done with the 1:1 cars and would expose a little more of the rear tires to view. 

6 minutes ago, PappyD340 said:

I've never heard of or seen the styrene police so my suggestion would be to go for it and build it as your heart desires, look forward to seeing what you envision!! ?

Well here's a police officer in styrene, does that count  ???

16009.jpg

A crime to pull parts out of a kit to use on another build  ?   If so I’m going to jail forever,   I saw cut them up, swap parts, age or value who cares !  This hobby is about building not saving boxes full of plastic.

I actually had someone here chastise me because I cut the boxes up when I'm finished a kit. Apparently, we're "supposed" to keep the boxes.

Yeah, forget that. So I replied with a pic of me cutting up a box.

Anyway, who cares if it's rare. Build how you build and enjoy yourself.

:)

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/3/2021 at 7:30 AM, iamsuperdan said:

I actually had someone here chastise me because I cut the boxes up when I'm finished a kit. Apparently, we're "supposed" to keep the boxes.

I cut the boxes up also. I put the extra parts I don't use, decals, and instruction sheet in a large zip-lock bag with the picture of the model (after cutting the box) facing outwards so I can instantly identify it. Then I file it away in a cardboard parts box. I am working on my second box.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/3/2021 at 7:30 AM, iamsuperdan said:

I with you, I have retro video games worth hundreds sealed, I look at it tear of the shrink wrap, open it and take a deep whiff of the toxins that were sealed up and then play the game, drives my friends nuts. I do the same with model kits. I don't begrudge anyone collecting for the sake of collecting, it's just not me.