Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hitachi Vibratory Combined Roller (Update)

Absolutely stunning! I could look at this for a long time, and find new things to be impressed about.

Your ability to weather/age/add/realism is something I sincerely wish I possessed, as your ability to translate the 1:1 world we see, to what is on the model, is superb, and you have a great deal to be proud of on this model. I am indeed jealous of your abilities.

Any interest in online tutorials? ?

26 minutes ago, RancheroSteve said:

Excellent work - very realistic! I had no idea they made a model of such a thing.

Its the only one that I know of in 1/35 scale. 

3 minutes ago, Modelbuilder Mark said:

Absolutely stunning! I could look at this for a long time, and find new things to be impressed about.

Your ability to weather/age/add/realism is something I sincerely wish I possessed, as your ability to translate the 1:1 world we see, to what is on the model, is superb, and you have a great deal to be proud of on this model. I am indeed jealous of your abilities.

Any interest in online tutorials? ?

Thank you so much for your kind words. I have been asked several times to do tutorials but never have the time. Still considering especially YouTube videos. 

44 minutes ago, tiking said:

Its the only one that I know of in 1/35 scale. 

Thank you so much for your kind words. I have been asked several times to do tutorials but never have the time. Still considering especially YouTube videos. 

I would certainly watch them. I do use a lot of Mig Ammo/AK Interactive products, watch their related videos, read Damaged/Weathering mags etc. I do try to improve, but just like art, some people have a natural talent for it. Just having the concept, the paint, and brushes does not make one an artist, although a non-gifted person can certainly improve their skills. That is where I feel I am, not an artist at all, but capable of learning/improving. Rest assured, I will be borrowing liberally from your work here, on my shop forklift. 😉

Fantastic weathering!  Just the right amount and not over-done.  Stealing ideas!

Hasegawa makes a whole line of interesting and oddball construction vehicles in 1/35 scale. They even make 2 sets of construction worker figures, one set inside a warehouse with a vending machine, and the other road workers.  Both sets include 1 female worker.  Since the kits are 1/35, there's already an unlimited number of figures, accessories, tools etc. from Armor World that can be used with them.

I couldn't resist this 1/35 scale Yanmar Combine. It looks like something out of a Mad Max movie.

hase_comb.jpg

Edited by Mike999
goof

10 hours ago, Mike999 said:

Fantastic weathering!  Just the right amount and not over-done.  Stealing ideas!

Hasegawa makes a whole line of interesting and oddball construction vehicles in 1/35 scale. They even make 2 sets of construction worker figures, one set inside a warehouse with a vending machine, and the other road workers.  Both sets include 1 female worker.  Since the kits are 1/35, there's already an unlimited number of figures, accessories, tools etc. from Armor World that can be used with them.

I couldn't resist this 1/35 scale Yanmar Combine. It looks like something out of a Mad Max movie.

hase_comb.jpg

I bought that kit wirh plans to convert it into  some kind of Sci-fi vehicle. But it didn't turn out the way I planned. So i put the parts into my box of tricks. 

33 minutes ago, TonyK said:

I had to look at this to see what it is and glad I did. What a great looking model. Brings a smile to my face seeing the talent you have to make it so real. So cool!

Thank you Tony. I appreciate your honest opinion.

10 hours ago, Faust said:

That is incredible. 

The realism is off the charts, and the subject is so bizarre it makes me smile ear-to-ear.

Phenomenal job on a truly offbeat subject.

Congrats on making us all look bad! :)

Appreciate your positive response Faust. Glad you liked it.