Model Cars Magazine Forum

Reversed engineered, with improvements

Some easy slam dunks-  

Pickups...   from the AMT 55 and 57 Chevy pickup series -

Next release of 55 pickup --  add in 1956 cab emblems.. hood and side emblems are different.  Include both sets.

1958 and 1959 Chevy pickups --  new cabs.. the rest is the same.  Maybe include the six from the 1960 pickup in one of them.  And since Moebius already did a work box, maybe a phone company box or a rack as an option...  

Cars..

from the 1967 Chevy Impala -

1968 and 1969 Impalas!  This is the slam dunk of the decade.  Files from 67 are current and at hand...  even make one a 4 door hardtop!

1971 Duster kit-

Provide the other years... 1970 would be just a grille, others would be easy mods, new bumpers and decals.   For one year bonus-  add in the slant six from the Lindberg 64 Plymouth / Dodge - best slant six ever in 1/25 scale!

And if we really wanna dream - 1970-71  Valiant 4 door sedan with "Duel" licensing

4 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

Some easy slam dunks-  

Pickups...   from the AMT 55 and 57 Chevy pickup series -

Next release of 55 pickup --  add in 1956 cab emblems.. hood and side emblems are different.  Include both sets.

Put the 55-57 corrected cab without sloping door window in all issues not just the street rod issues. 

6 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

1971 Duster kit-

Provide the other years... 1970 would be just a grille, others would be easy mods, new bumpers and decals.   For one year bonus-  add in the slant six from the Lindberg 64 Plymouth / Dodge - best slant six ever in 1/25 scale!

-The upholstery pattern is unique-to-1970

-There's a 'Valiant' emblem on the fenders 

-'340' decals are unique 

- There's a 'V-EIGHT' emblem on the front fenders on 318 & 340 models 

- Carburetor for 1970 is the Carter AVS 

I love the idea of adding the 225 from the '64 Dodge / Plymouth kits . 

A "1971" Valiant Sedan ( in quotations because there were three different cars used in that movie ) would be awesome !  

6 hours ago, BlackSheep214 said:

'72 Chevelle SS...

'63 - '65 Dodge Dart GT hardtop, convertible, and wagon

An all-new 1970-1972 Chevelle would be GREAT .  Each year could be represented via front clips and rear bumpers / tail lamps ; air cleaner decals are year-to-year unique , too . I'd love to be able to build a phantom 1971 LS-6 Chevelle !

1963-1965 Dart ( no love for the '66 ? ) in those body styles would be awesome , too . Include both the Slant and the 273 ; 904 ( yes , the Slant's auto would be different as its starter location is unique ) and 833 four speed ; 8 3/4 diff , and ; period-correct performance goodies . 

7 minutes ago, 1972coronet said:

An all-new 1970-1972 Chevelle would be GREAT .  Each year could be represented via front clips and rear bumpers / tail lamps ; air cleaner decals are year-to-year unique , too . I'd love to be able to build a phantom 1971 LS-6 Chevelle !

1963-1965 Dart ( no love for the '66 ? ) in those body styles would be awesome , too . Include both the Slant and the 273 ; 904 ( yes , the Slant's auto would be different as its starter location is unique ) and 833 four speed ; 8 3/4 diff , and ; period-correct performance goodies . 

Oh yeah... definitely a '66 Dart. I very first car for college back in '83 was a '64 Dodge Dart slant 6 push button automatic. What fun that car was.

On 1/30/2021 at 11:35 AM, Draggon said:

I'd love to see the 32 Ford Sedan from the double kit. I know they have one, it was in the background of one of their pics around the time they showed the hanger shots that had the '64 Cutlass. I have enough parts and glue bombs to build on of these, but I'd love to get fresh plastic. 

I seem to recall Round 2 putting out feelers about the Custom 32 kit a few years ago. This would be a great candidate to treat the same way they did the 63 Nova wagon, especially if they have ANY of the old tooling left. At least the body should still exist because it was thrown together with the phaeton tool to make a stock Tudor. 

On 1/30/2021 at 6:25 AM, leafsprings said:

AMT 1960 Ford F 100 pickup.  First, would like to see and separate cab and separate bed.  Second, a separate frame with suspension parts. Thirdly,  a correct  stock 292, and lastly, a small back window option. By looking at how much glue bombs sell  consistently  for on ebay ( around 100 bucks ) I say there is a strong market. Great thread idea, hope Round 2 sees it.

Yes! And I think they could get multiple versions with minimal changes to go back to 59, and 58 (possibly 57?) But at least 2 versions just from the 60, Styleside and Flareside

13 hours ago, Mr. Metallic said:

Yes! And I think they could get multiple versions with minimal changes to go back to 59, and 58 (possibly 57?) 

I believe Modelhaus did offer the '57 and '58 at one time,  maybe someone can temporarily donate them to RC2  for 3d scans.  The '59 was never made to my knowledge,  hopefully the aftermarket would come to the rescue with a completely new '59 conversion. If the '60 becomes reality,   I can see the 57's, 58's and 59's to follow soon!