Model Cars Magazine Forum

Notification Problems

Dave Ambrose

1 hour ago, crazyjim said:

Is there something I have to do that I haven't done?

Yes, being patient. They are aware of the issue and have been trying to fix it. Repeating the same old thing isn't benefitting anyone in any way. Dave has been very good with providing updates and keeping us in the loop with what's happening, so when it's fixed, he'll let everyone know.

I've been getting updates for a few days. The type of failure we had might have gotten us marked as a spammer, and consigned you your junk folder, or perhaps blocked altogether. Sometimes this designation takes a while to reset. We know that AOL is blocking our emails. There may be others. 

I continue to get notifications from this forum without a problem.. There is a similar notification problem on the FSM website. I stopped getting notifications from that forum about a year ago. There are other members that continue to get notifications without a problem. 

Edited by JohnnyK
added word

On 2/13/2021 at 11:33 AM, Dave Ambrose said:

We know that AOL is blocking our emails. There may be others. 

I had gotten mine through my "hotmail" (Outlook) , but currently not receiving them....not a big problem. .. Just making it aware.

21 hours ago, Khils said:

I had gotten mine through my "hotmail" (Outlook) , but currently not receiving them....not a big problem. .. Just making it aware.

Thanks. We still have some more work to do in this area. I’ve tapped into some outside expertise to make sure we get it done right. 

On 2/16/2021 at 8:31 AM, ranma said:

Yahoo mail isn't letting them through either! not even in spam mail..

That is odd.  Several showed up in my Yahoo mail over the last couple of days.  They were out of order and delayed by few days (they were probably sitting on the forum's server, but I got them (and in my Inbox, not Spam).

On 2/19/2021 at 10:56 AM, iBorg said:

OK......any way to turn off email notifications? I'd really rather not receive them.

Go to your account and look for Other Settings. Then click on Notification Settings. You can then modify a number of different settings.