Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1/16 Porsche 356C Cabriolet

Gluebomber

Below are some pics of the Revell-Germany 1/16 Porsche 356C Cabriolet.  The kit is built mostly box stock.  I added some engine details but the rear lid doesn't open wide enough for me to get a good picture.   I also replaced the kit radio antenna with one made from stainless tubing and wire and I added some Grandt Line nuts to the convertible top to replicate the grommets and snaps.

This is a good kit that is based on the 356 hardtop which is a snap-lock kit.  Because of that there are large lugs on the inside of the body parts that are intended to snap over holes in the chassis and interior bucket.  The lugs left large sink marks all over the body that had to be dealt with.  I had to spend quite a bit of time sanding, filling, priming and repeating to get the body ready for paint.  Paint is Tamiya Spray Gloss Black (TS-14) decanted and airbrushed.  No clearcoat was used.  The interior color is a mix of Tamiya acrylics. 

This is a model of one of my all-time favorite cars.  I had enough fun with it that I'll probably build the hardtop at some point.  The only problem is it takes up quite of bit of space on my shelf! 

All comments and constructive criticism are welcome.  Thanks for looking!

IMG_0268.JPG

IMG_0270.JPG

IMG_0272.JPG

IMG_0273.JPG

IMG_0274.JPG

IMG_0275.JPG

Edited by Gluebomber
Typos

Very nice build.  I built the coupe last fall/winter.  It really is a good kit and I basically just clear coated the body and it turned out looking pretty nice.  I painted the interior and engine too if I remember right.  The other thing I remember are the windows can try ones patience and resolve.  Again great build.  

• 1 month later...