Model Cars Magazine Forum

International 4070 Snow Plow

Hello everybody.

Today I got my International 4070 Snow Plow ready.

I also took photos and would like to show it to you now.

I mixed an Ertl IH 4070 with the AMT Ford Snow Plow.

The photo of the red snow dump truck served as a model.

The snow on the small diorama is flocked from plaster with model train powder snow.

I decorated the truck with Vallejo ground texture snow

Hope you like it.

Greetings from Germany, Juergen

40476858hm.jpg

40476822lh.jpg

40476823zr.jpg

40476824bl.jpg

40476825dn.jpg

40476826bz.jpg

40476827qh.jpg

40476828wu.jpg

40476829sj.jpg

I have to throw my two cents in. With this and the detailed Payhauler that are great models how come the windshields are pristine?

It's easy enough to tape the windshields and using a compass to mark the arc of the wipers then weather the unwiped part and remove the tape for the wiped area.

greg

😎😎😎

Takes me back to "growing up days"....  (We don't have too many snowplows in this part of Texas)....

Great job on the build, and the tire-tracks detail just sets this one "over-the-edge" !!!!!

DJ

Edited by TECHMAN
spelling

Juergen, please tell us more details on how you made the snow on the ground and on the vehicle!  Like application and how long this took!  

This is the most awesome looking rig I have ever seen.  Absolutely stunning - besides, it snowed like crazy last night here in Michigan!

Edited by steveracer

15 hours ago, steveracer said:

Juergen, please tell us more details on how you made the snow on the ground and on the vehicle!  Like application and how long this took!  

This is the most awesome looking rig I have ever seen.  Absolutely stunning - besides, it snowed like crazy last night here in Michigan!

The snow on the small diorama is flocked from plaster with model train powder snow.
I decorated the truck with Vallejo ground texture snow

40491416sq.jpg

40491417zk.jpg

40491418xm.jpg

40491419io.jpg

40491420hz.jpg

Beuatiful work Jurgen. Although it can be angled either way, with this type of plow, the taller (Right) side would normally be angled towards the rear. The snow collected is funneled towards the taller side and deposited on the curb side (for US roads).

It works the same angled towards the other side but in deep snow the accumulated snow may spill over the top of the shorter side of the plow blade.

The larger berm of cleared snow wil be deposited on the end of the plow closest to the front bumper.

Here in Michigan the Department of Transportation adds a wing plow to either or both sides of the vehicle and may tow another on a trailer to clear multiple lanes at once.

Image result for mdot tow plowimage.jpeg.f899f475f77ba0d8a05be71990647371.jpeg        image.jpeg.f14e926bcc9630e8689917523878a66f.jpeg