Model Cars Magazine Forum

Show us your cat!

Venom

On 2/10/2021 at 10:50 AM, Venom said:

Thanks Peter, that video is really great! Perfect for this topic too...cats and models😄 Watching it amazes me how they know where thier back feet are stepping. The diorama is also amazing!

Yes, that is a very nice model train layout.
I dug up one of the photos of my cat.  She's been gone for many years (so long ago that the photo is a scan of a 4X6 paper print, and when was the last time anybody has seen a bean-bag chair?.  She had no name (cat's don't need or want names), and she was super smart.

Blackie09_Oct1985.jpg.494909bec7bfc617e31162a1049197c2.jpg

Edited by peteski
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, peteski said:

I dug up one of the photos of my cat.  She's been gone for many years (so long ago that the photo is a scan of a 4X6 paper print, and when was the last time anybody has seen a bean-bag chair?.  She had no name (cat's don't need or want names), and she was super smart.

What a precious little kitty! When I worked at the animal shelter I learned that black cats usually had the mildest, kindest disposition of all the cats.

49 minutes ago, Venom said:

What a precious little kitty! When I worked at the animal shelter I learned that black cats usually had the mildest, kindest disposition of all the cats.

Thanks! Yes, she was a very cuddly companion (for 20 years) and loved to climb under the covers in bed with me.  Her loud purring was a dead giveaway that she was under there.

7 hours ago, peteski said:

Blackie09_Oct1985.jpg.494909bec7bfc617e31162a1049197c2.jpg

Adorable. Our cats are actually quite responsive to their names lol.

3 hours ago, Classicgas said:

Adorable. Our cats are actually quite responsive to their names lol.

Thanks!
I was half-joking Lee.  Well, I grew up in Poland, and back then in Poland not too many people owned pets. Few had dogs, and even fewer cats (compared to USA). There was no such thing as pet food (only table scraps) and while the dogs were given names,  it wasn't customary to give cats names. I did have cat back then (a tuxedo cat). When I immigrated to USA, we adopted the one in the photo, and like in the "old country", we didn't name it.  The vet wanted a name, so we said "Blackie", but at home we just called her "kitty" or "kotek" (which meant "kitty" in Polish).  She would respond to that, but what really got her going was the sound of 9 Lives or Friskies cans being opened!

2 hours ago, peteski said:

Thanks!
I was half-joking Lee.  Well, I grew up in Poland, and back then in Poland not too many people owned pets. Few had dogs, and even fewer cats (compared to USA). There was no such thing as pet food (only table scraps) and while the dogs were given names,  it wasn't customary to give cats names. I did have cat back then (a tuxedo cat). When I immigrated to USA, we adopted the one in the photo, and like in the "old country", we didn't name it.  The vet wanted a name, so we said "Blackie", but at home we just called her "kitty" or "kotek" (which meant "kitty" in Polish).  She would respond to that, but what really got her going was the sound of 9 Lives or Friskies cans being opened!

Yeah they love the sound of food being opened.  You're right tho, most cats aren't as responsive to names as dogs are. 

This is Gracie, our Norwegian Forest Cat. She responds to her name. "Here kitty kitty" either gets no response or she gives you the look like "who?"

Her idea of life is for us to spend 24/7 on the couch with her. She also travels with us when camping in our 5th wheel camper. She lays on the console in the dually while driving, between mom & dad, just like at home on the couch!

Posing pretty on her favorite spot in the house:

1217200846.thumb.jpg.e91eec20c91d68f31c804118aed7c297.jpg

Sleeping in the camper:

1026201938.jpg.f8a3c3b3b0750b8c48036032f73e0de4.jpg

Watching kids playing at campground:

0913200859a(1).thumb.jpg.8f4dc7dda965e1c5b577303de6dda743.jpg

Traveling in the Dodge dually:

35875.jpeg.5ff4cfedd63cc8feb36b222fc463e372.jpeg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Erik Smith said:

Our newest member has been with us since September of last year. Miss Birdie has just recently discovered my modeling bench. She is obsessed with stealing things now. Good thing she's cute. Yeah, she's not too kind on the plants either.

Haha! ... Pretending she’s in the jungle. That’s a cat for you...beautiful!😸

We have 3 cats , this is Dinky hogging the heater and Molly watching TV

IYeuYOz.jpg

Ace~ he may be a little hard to look at, He was attacked by a stray dog when he was a baby and lost his left eye and right ear. I spent $300.00 at the vet to save a 50 cent alley cat. Here he is guarding the tuna stash in the pantry 

uv8hyBa.jpg