Model Cars Magazine Forum

Show us your cat!

Venom

16 hours ago, 1972coronet said:

Handsome young man you've got ❤️! It's amazing how well our feline superiors tend to get-on in spite of any disabilities (obvious impairments or not) ; it's their defence mechanism . My beloved Molly Anne ( 17.05.2002 - 11.08.2019 ) was blind since she was 6 months of age ; she could only discern dark-and-light . She got around perfectly after about 5 months of recovery (which I helped her with : "Use your whiskers , super girl !" as I lifted her on-and-off the couch) .

I wish for you many happy years of companionship with Shammy !

Thank you! He was a rescue, been with us for 9 years. He went blind for a short period late last year during a severe URI and we were told that his retinas detached. His blood pressure was high, but once we got that managed and attacked the URI, he got his sight back. 

On 3/6/2021 at 9:05 PM, burysem said:

Our Shammy on the front porch last summer. Can't really tell by the photo, but he's missing his left rear leg. Aside from not being able to jump high, he doesn't seem to care that it's gone.

61222066551__B31E99D7-C1F3-4F93-8F30-143FE0CC3624.JPG

Good looking cat. It is amazing how animals overcome when missing a limb...

Here is my boy putting his pompom to bed. 

Every night he picks up this pompom and kneeds his blanket for 5 to 10 minutes. Then he puts his pompom down on the blanket

He has also brought it to the food bowl and put it in the bowl. 

Im pretty sure he thinks its his baby. He doesn't like anyone touching it either. 

Last night i moved the pompom after he put it on the blanket and he gave me an evil eye and stared at me. i might be looking into it too much but he didn't seem pleased 

20210307_221310.jpg

Edited by youpey

On 3/8/2021 at 10:32 AM, youpey said:

Here is my boy putting his pompom to bed. 

Every night he picks up this pompom and kneeds his blanket for 5 to 10 minutes. Then he puts his pompom down on the blanket

He has also brought it to the food bowl and put it in the bowl. 

Im pretty sure he thinks its his baby. He doesn't like anyone touching it either. 

Last night i moved the pompom after he put it on the blanket and he gave me an evil eye and stared at me. i might be looking into it too much but he didn't seem pleased 

20210307_221310.jpg

That’s super cute ... and funny!😃

• 2 weeks later...

Here's Hoover, so named because he eats like a vacuum cleaner. He's resting after bingeing on Cat TV (AKA bird feeder). Another shelter mutt, he's a good cat. However, in keeping with the CCC (Cat Code of Conduct), he's required to be a PITA from time to time.

DSCN1488 (2).JPG

Edited by Kit Basher

5 hours ago, Kit Basher said:

Here's Hoover, so named because he eats like a vacuum cleaner. He's resting after bingeing on Cat TV (AKA bird feeder). Another shelter mutt, he's a good cat. However, in keeping with the CCC (Cat Code of Conduct), he's required to be a PITA from time to time

Hoover is a handsome boy ! Love his marques and his tail ; he looks like he can be a brat for sure (haha) . 

27 minutes ago, bismarck said:

This is my wife’s favorite shadow....and the I’m the wait staff for the second one. Both rescues, and both are spoiled rotten.

Sharp looking companions ! Being the "wait staff" for that super girl Tortoishell isn't a surprise ( haha ) . For some reason , Torties and Calicos --not breed-specific marques-- are concurrently independent and codependent... Which is how my precious , late Molly Anne was .