Model Cars Magazine Forum

Show us your cat!

Venom

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, DPNM said:

Santa dropped him off yesterday.
mr.thumb.jpg.32baf946cad91e321118f498d0e30139.jpg

About 11 weeks old. No name yet as I'm going to see if his personality leads to it.

Second pic is from Thanksgiving when I said I'd take him. Got him from my brother.
mr01.jpg.b61b238a90368031836c93ae59bc255f.jpg

He’s a cute little guy!! 👍🏻 Orange toms have a personality a lot like a dog. We have a long haired orange Tom/ Maine coon mix, and his personality is really a lot like a puppy. Your new little buddy is a real cutey.

• Like 1

On 12/26/2021 at 9:14 AM, DPNM said:

Santa dropped him off yesterday.
mr.thumb.jpg.32baf946cad91e321118f498d0e30139.jpg

About 11 weeks old. No name yet as I'm going to see if his personality leads to it.

Second pic is from Thanksgiving when I said I'd take him. Got him from my brother.
mr01.jpg.b61b238a90368031836c93ae59bc255f.jpg

Awesome! Ginger cats are the best cats.

PXL_20211116_221806410.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, jaymcminn said:

Awesome! Ginger cats are the best cats.

PXL_20211116_221806410.jpg

This was my best friend. We had gotten him about ten years ago and he was the same small size as the one above when we got him. We was gone in June.this past year The vet said he had severe cancer and surgery probably wouldn't help. It was a sad time. He was at least part Maine Coon.

Pretty much what he did best LOL.

cat1s.thumb.JPG.87599f17bc30c70844cc5e491dd38b17.JPG

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

20211229_230022.jpg.44f8237c92a87ba5b0b2cd1c185b6e23.jpg

This one just adopted us last September. She's about seven months old. My wife and daughter went to the shelter to check out available pets and this one came right up to the window and fell asleep on my daughter's shoulder. They said she was brought in as a stray the day before, so we were the first to see her. She obviously wasn't abused, because she trusts us completely. 

We named her Maple because she's got all kinds of swirl patterns. She's a beautiful tortoise shell cat and she's super friendly and confident. She enjoys being held, scratched and cuddled. She has the softest coat and the fluffiest tail we've ever felt on a cat and she doesn't mind baths, in fact, she has fun in them. She is not skiddish at all and is not afraid of anything! I think she's part puppy.

Online descriptions say that Torties are known have catitude and this one is loaded with it! She loves mock hunting, playing with toys and stalking and chasing Curious our 6yr old Tuxedo short hair. Curious tolerates her and even though she hisses at Maple, Maple keeps right with her, won't back down or be intimidated. 

This one has everyone's heart in the house and gives love to all of us. She's definitely a happy blessing to us!

Our nicknames for her are Maple Kit(kitten) and Fluffy Tail.

She's the most people friendly cat I've ever seen. I can't stand snobby cats and I wasn't much of a cat person before her.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

Online descriptions say that Torties are known have catitude and this one is loaded with it!

Torties and "Tortie & White" ( Calico, alternately) certainly are 'super girls' . Though the marques aren't breed-specific, there must be something in those genes which make them excellent hunters that're full of resiliency. 

I had a Calico (Domestic Shorthair) from November 2002 until her passing in August 2019. She was a shelter rescue as well ; 6 months old when I adopted her. 

There's a feral Tortie whom lives on the apartment property where I live. Her name is Shelly ; she's an old super girl , too -- must be 20 years old, no exaggeration. 

1 hour ago, 1972coronet said:

Torties and "Tortie & White" ( Calico, alternately) certainly are 'super girls' . Though the marques aren't breed-specific, there must be something in those genes which make them excellent hunters that're full of resiliency. 

I had a Calico (Domestic Shorthair) from November 2002 until her passing in August 2019. She was a shelter rescue as well ; 6 months old when I adopted her. 

There's a feral Tortie whom lives on the apartment property where I live. Her name is Shelly ; she's an old super girl , too -- must be 20 years old, no exaggeration. 

I'm glad we got one that has that fun attitude and is so people friendly!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

I'm glad we got one that has that fun attitude and is so people friendly!

My Calico was friendly only with those with whom she was acquainted. She'd vocallise like a mountain lion ; a cry that would wake me from a dead sleep (haha). 

Molly was 80% blind --she could only differentiate between dark & light-- but was a playful hunter ne'er-the-less. As long as she could hear what she was playing with --she loved to knock-over the paper waste basket and swat the balled-up paper-- she was fine.

• Like 1

On 1/4/2022 at 4:39 AM, Earl Marischal said:

On another part of this forum I saw a member mention a ‘Cat Dozer’. Then I thought, “We have one of those”. 😁

steve

D914A288-F626-4BD9-88C1-29E5C36EE92D.jpeg

Cat Dozer, aye? What scale is that?

I don't see the tracks, and must not've included the decals. Probably has a good idle when running. 

Edited by Oldcarfan27
  • Haha 1