Model Cars Magazine Forum

32 Ford finished!

Dave72

This is Revell’s Motorworks 32 Ford. Not one of my favorite kits but one of my favorite finished builds now! A little bit of a challenge with parts not fitting but the challenge is the fun part. I ended up scrapping the kit small block. I went with a motor from a 62? Impala. Wheels are from Revell’s 48 Ford. Wired and plumbed. Paint is Rustolium Camouflage with Duplicolor clear. I set out to build this only doing mods from the parts box. Only thing bought was plug wire and paint! Enjoy! 

1426C1D1-0BAB-46A9-8F72-9711ADE247FE.jpeg

29507BD4-02C8-4080-940C-9EA4C184B725.jpeg

FF111755-3659-4BBB-AA74-7C46CABA006F.jpeg

DA07D22B-80F4-4DC0-AFB7-3F8B5B7B169C.jpeg

2B1F94A6-E118-4F76-A886-D9553A69D319.jpeg

68D38CBB-D1FB-4F75-B841-9C09604481DD.jpeg

What a perfectly channelled roadster!  The Monogram 32 is my all time favourite hot rod kit with eight examples on my shelf and another three on the bench.  I never understand why people avoid it, other than those who are 1/24phobic. This just proves what a great blank canvas it is.  Like the others said, the colour, stance and wheel combo is perfection.  Thanks for sharing it with us all. 

Cheers

Alan

Thank you very much guys for all of the compliments! I cut about 3/16 from the bottom of the interior to get the body down over the frame. I was going to drop the rear suspension as well but glad I didn’t. No mods to the front suspension either. As far as the tail lights, it just kinda slipped my mind. I’ll add them on when I find something I like. For now, hand signals will have to do! Lol. 32’s are kind of addicting!  I already have another one in the works. More of a show car. Thanks again. Much appreciated! 

Some how my previous post got messed up. Oh well..."old guy" what do you expect!

Anyway. Really nice build Dave. Great choice on the engine, wheels and color. The green really looks good on this roadster, and is different from the usual choices.

1 hour ago, Grumpa said:

Some how my previous post got messed up. Oh well..."old guy" what do you expect!

Anyway. Really nice build Dave. Great choice on the engine, wheels and color. The green really looks good on this roadster, and is different from the usual choices.

Lol! Thanks Mark!  I know what ya mean. I just did the same when posting this very thread!