Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dual 1970 Pontiac Trans Ams.

Dragonhawk1066

And they're done! I think it's safe to say that I won't do that again, as my mind can't seem to handle two projects at once. even nearly identical subjects with lower parts counts. I want to thank everybody that followed and commented on this thread, even though I'm not very good at doing in-progress updates, lol. More pics will be available in the Under glass section, but here's a couple of teasers.

DSCN6128.JPG

DSCN6131.JPG

DSCN6137.JPG

DSCN6143.JPG

Craig...I was just checking in to see where you were on these, and they’re both DONE! ...kinda blown away by that. They really look super nice. All your detail work is well done ... paint, decals and all. The blue and white were great choices and they look good together.  Did you do the paint over BMF trick on the rear Pontiac letters?

Ps, really like your shop diorama as well! The hoop leaning up and the engine block etc.👍

Edited by Venom

14 hours ago, FLHCAHZ said:

Nice work!  Those look great. I love Trans ams.  I have a Smokey and the bandit that I am trying to work up the courage to start.

Thanks! I love Trans Am's as well. If you have the Revell Smokey and the Bandit kit, it's a really nice kit. The decals do take some patience and a little planning, but they look really nice. The AMT/MPC kit is a different story altogether with lesser details, poorer parts fit, and touchy decals. I did the MPC kit in my teens, but no longer have it. This is the Revell kit finished.

DSCN5278.JPG

Edited by Dragonhawk1066

7 hours ago, Venom said:

Craig...I was just checking in to see where you were on these, and they’re both DONE! ...kinda blown away by that. They really look super nice. All your detail work is well done ... paint, decals and all. The blue and white were great choices and they look good together.

Thanks, I appreciate it! I was undecided on white or blue, so I bought two and each color, lol.

7 hours ago, Venom said:

Did you do the paint over BMF trick on the rear Pontiac letters?

I did not. I lucked out and the script is nicely molded and detailed, so after painting and clear I ever so carefully and lightly painted each letter with Tamiya X-11 Chrome Silver Acrylic.

7 hours ago, Venom said:

Ps, really like your shop diorama as well! The hoop leaning up and the engine block etc.👍

Thanks! I'm trying to make it look like how a car guy, like myself, would have his actual garage. I have a few more additions in mind as well. I'm also slowly working on a "Speed Shop" with an office, restrooms, employee breakroom, and paint booth. I need more space before I get too far with it though, lol.

DSCN2869.JPG

8 minutes ago, Dragonhawk1066 said:

Thanks! I love Trans Am's as well. If you have the Revell Smokey and the Bandit kit, it's a really nice kit. The decals do take some patience and a little planning, but they look really nice. The AMT/MPC kit is a different story altogether with lesser details, poorer parts fit, and touchy decals. I did the MPC kit in my teens, but no longer have it. This is the Revell kit finished.

DSCN5278.JPG

Well Done!