Model Cars Magazine Forum

Show us your dog !

Nazz

One of our pugs who, sadly, passed a few years ago. She was watching me download some photos from one of my older Nikons which just happened to have an 85mm f/1.4 lens mounted. Great lens to isolate details and who can resist a pug's eyes? No way to replace a beloved dog but our Boston Terrier sure won us over.

20080124 001.jpg

20150204 009 small.jpg

Richard, you are so right. You can never replace them, but bringing in a new friend does help. Sorry for your loss.

We lost Rocky, our male boxer mix new years eave at the age of 15 and I still tear up if I think of him for too long. Our young one, Diesel, defenitly helps though. He is such a character!

Jerry

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2022 at 6:08 PM, Nazz said:

Richard, you are so right. You can never replace them, but bringing in a new friend does help. Sorry for your loss.

We lost Rocky, our male boxer mix new years eave at the age of 15 and I still tear up if I think of him for too long. Our young one, Diesel, defenitly helps though. He is such a character!

Jerry

Jerry, sorry to hear about your boxer. Growing up I spent a lot of time with my aunt's boxer and came to love that breed. About a year ago one of my neighbors adopted a boxer from Turkey who rolls over every time she sees me to get a belly rub.

Dave, great pictures of Magee. I would not have guessed 90 lbs. Wow he is a big boy!

Richard, sorry to hear about your Pug, I know  some Bostons and they are great little companions. I'm sure yours is lots of fun.  I know our Diesel helps us with the pain of loosing Rock. Sometimes he cannels his Husky side and talks up a storm. Not so good when you're trying to  watch T.V.  but very entertaining!

Jerry

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Diesel had a great time at the Agillity trial last weekend. Sorry  but I do not have any pics. I do have some video but didn't think I should post it here. I will say that he is getting faster and  if I do not adjust my handling technic he will leave me behind! LOL

Rob, looks llike your little buddy is very comfie!

Jerry

This is the much loved Spuds, aka spudlo puppy... He's 11 going on 12, my GF adopted him 10 1/2 yrs ago from the shelter, he adopted me 9yrs ago in December... He always lifts my spirits, he's a good boy....

Happy spuds.jpg

Edited by k357

Lost one of my foursome this a.m.  Turner (Jack Russell/sheltie mix) had been having seizures for months but the Keppra has helped him greatly.  5a this morning he went into a seizure and every time he came out of it, as he tried to stand up he went into another one...and another.  He probably had about a dozen by the time we got him to the emergency vet (two in the truck on the ten minute drive).   It's never an easy decision even it's the right decision.

As we walked in, another guy had driven 30 minutes bringing in Jack Russell having a seizure.  He was having a hard time talking to the receptionist so I gave a bro-hug as I was in the same position.

Farewell Turner.....see you at the Rainbow Bridge.  There's others from my house who will welcome you!

Turner  Dec 2021.jpg

5 hours ago, HomerS said:

Lost one of my foursome this a.m.  Turner (Jack Russell/sheltie mix) had been having seizures for months but the Keppra has helped him greatly.  5a this morning he went into a seizure and every time he came out of it, as he tried to stand up he went into another one...and another.  He probably had about a dozen by the time we got him to the emergency vet (two in the truck on the ten minute drive).   It's never an easy decision even it's the right decision.

As we walked in, another guy had driven 30 minutes bringing in Jack Russell having a seizure.  He was having a hard time talking to the receptionist so I gave a bro-hug as I was in the same position.

Farewell Turner.....see you at the Rainbow Bridge.  There's others from my house who will welcome you!

Turner  Dec 2021.jpg

My condolence's for your loss. Never easy when you lose this big of a part of your life. 

Jeff , sorry to hear about your loss of Turner. It is indeed painful when they leave us. They don't live long enough but it would be painful even if they lived longer. You may be aware that we lost Rocky last Newyears so I have some idea what you are going though. 

Turner was very adorable I know he will be greatly missed. I have you in my thoughts and prayers during this tough time.

Jerry

Joe, Alistair is cute, he does not look 80 lbs, wow.

Ken, Spuds looks  like a character, I bet you have many stories over you 9 yaers together. Here's hoping for many more!

Rob, Gomez and Tish are great looking friends, I  bet they have lots of fun roughhousing!

Jerry