Model Cars Magazine Forum

Show your C4 vettes!!!

Plastic_Passion

I built a grand sport and I'm currently brainstorming a 94 zr1. Show the community what you've got! I have some small finishing details to do on the grand sport. Not the best pic I have but its packed away during a home Reno at the moment. Anyways let's see them! Also didnt realize that the mold for both these vettes is in fact different! I'd rather have the side vents on the grand sport than the vents on the zr1. At least they are different tho.

IMAG3926.jpg

16126595348635934661339226512499.jpg

In 2019 I started my "Silver Corvette Collection". Surely, there are a hand full Corvette C4 so far. Two of them you can find here in the forum:

1986 Corvette C4 Official Pace Car - MPC #6213

spacer.pngspacer.png

1990 Corvette C4 ZR1 - AMT #6277

spacer.pngspacer.png

Then there is one more C4 in my shelf without topic here.

1995 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 1/25 AMT #6538

The lights and cornering lights in the front bumper  are self made. They are molded in black plastics what makes it impossible to paint them nicely to get the effect of light. So I remolded them with clear resine.

1328_51.jpg 

1328_53.jpg

1328_56.jpg

1328_59.jpg

And here's a '95 ZR1 promo I found either at the local toy show or a flea market, I forget which. As you can see, it was filthy. I disassembled it for cleaning and Snake-Fu, and discovered it was painted this color, not molded in it, and it appears to be a factory paint job. I did some research and couldn't find any mention of painted '95 promos. Suspecting it might be rare, I just cleaned it up and put it back together without any additional Snake-Fu in case it's semi-valuable. 

95VetteZR1Promo01.jpg.98ec010979cd711313465e18f0ee092f.jpg

95VetteZR1Promo13.jpg.2a5302c6b8edb99430291866c29ad229.jpg

95VetteZR1Promo19.jpg.841af41ecf19aafadad368735a327930.jpg

Interesting to see some others. This AMT '93 was my most recent completion, built curbside after I used the engine for another project and fitted with a combination of Aoshima, Fujimi and Tamiya wheels, tyres and brakes:

50894764778_9978b82c6c_b.jpg

1:25 AMT 1993 Corvette ZR-1 kit by Spottedlaurel, on Flickr

50895479121_f2778a8815_b.jpg

1:25 AMT 1993 Corvette ZR-1 kit by Spottedlaurel, on Flickr

I've got a Monogram ZR-1 to do similar with after another LT5 engine donation, plus an MPC which is currently still intact.

@RestoModGuy Jim this is incredible! That's a cherry ride! I love the ground effects kit and the rear wing! Looks like the kit on the actual car! You nailed this for sure! I love the wheel choice too. Excellent job here. Thank you for sharing! May I ask did you make the extra details out of styrene? 

Thank you, Jeremy! 
If you are interessted, I'd make a couple of sets for you. To sent them to you should be not that expensive (an envelope should be fine).
I found out, that there is only one C4 with those *clear* lenses / lights made by AMT. When I found this out, I've already made my mold already. In the meantime, I painted a little Tamiya smoke on them to get them a little darker. If I build such kind of C4 again, I'd fill up the holes of in the bumper for the pins. Then it will look much better.

I have a four C4s done. Here is a 1989 Painted Tamiya TS-54 light metallic blue. In my stash I have all the C4s from 1984 to 1996, I just need to build them all!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

A 1990 custom, built as a curbside as this kit did not have an engine for it. Aoshima wheels and tires, Testors Hot pink.

spacer.png

spacer.png

1994 Painted testors Teal.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

1988, built straight from the box. All the others I've shown I lowered the rear suspension some.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

13 hours ago, christian-w said:

Thank you, Jeremy! 
If you are interessted, I'd make a couple of sets for you. To sent them to you should be not that expensive (an envelope should be fine).
I found out, that there is only one C4 with those *clear* lenses / lights made by AMT. When I found this out, I've already made my mold already. In the meantime, I painted a little Tamiya smoke on them to get them a little darker. If I build such kind of C4 again, I'd fill up the holes of in the bumper for the pins. Then it will look much better.

That would be great! Let me know what youd like for them! I'd love that! And I agree about the pin holes. 

On 2/10/2021 at 4:57 PM, Plastic_Passion said:

@RestoModGuy Jim this is incredible! That's a cherry ride! I love the ground effects kit and the rear wing! Looks like the kit on the actual car! You nailed this for sure! I love the wheel choice too. Excellent job here. Thank you for sharing! May I ask did you make the extra details out of styrene? 

@Plastic_Passion Thanks, this was a fun build, and yes I created all the ground effects and wing from plastic.  

IMG_9942.JPG

IMG_9945.JPG

IMG_9948.JPG