Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 69 GT500 Convertible

shoopdog

This is my recently completed Mustang painted with Tamiya TS11 Maroon built box stock. If I were to build another I would definitely try to fix the rear body pan fitment before paint, other than that what a great kit. Other than my downhill stripes on the passenger side I'm happy with how it turned out. Thanks for looking.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by shoopdog

Super clean build.  I built one in the same colors except it was before Revell made the convertible so I used a Minii Exotics resin body.  I built it over 25 years ago.  The bare metal foil on the windshield was not my best.

02922F14-F6D3-4492-AF35-FB50CE582A64.jpeg

FEA7E815-2EE0-4C3B-BC61-7AAD02643C91.jpeg

E235B8E6-7B4E-49AC-949A-3D02FDA16CF7.jpeg

Edited by vamach1

1 hour ago, TransAmMike said:

Very cool Rex, nice work👍

Thanks Michele and Mike.  I cannot believe I built that so long ago.  I had to double up on the decals as they did not stand out very well against the darker color.  I’ve painted one of the Revell fastback bodies grabber green  and of course it’s on the back burner like so many other kits but the good news is I knocked out another kit that I had already painted the body a year ago in less than a week so at his point it’s a matter of what to tackle next.  The next convertible I paint I think will be Gulfstram Aqua which is one of my favorite colors for the 69-70 Mach1’s and Shelbys.

P.S. - Sorry to tag onto the thread but I just love Mustangs. 😃

5AE08D37-F11C-4343-B2F2-BD50D31A6A58.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Can-Con said:

Looks good Keith. I think your problem with the back end is the parts were supposed to go on from the inside of the body.

Great color with the gold stripes.

Too bad about your post getting hijacked so bad though.🤨

Hopefully Keith will not mind.  Personally I like any feedback from others when I post a WIP I or completed build as most of us can learn from others and like seeing similar builds.

8 hours ago, Painted Black said:

OH yeah, I really like this, super nice build.

Thank you Robert!

7 hours ago, Classicgas said:

Nice. A color you don't see on Mustangs very often.

Thanks Lee, I usually try for a color that's not that common.

56 minutes ago, Can-Con said:

Looks good Keith. I think your problem with the back end is the parts were supposed to go on from the inside of the body.

Great color with the gold stripes.

Too bad about your post getting hijacked so bad though.🤨

Much appreciated Steve. Actually the Shelby panel is mounted from the inside, it's the lower roll pan that the issue.

3 hours ago, TransAmMike said:

Very cool Rex, nice work👍

Thank you Sir!

2 hours ago, espo said:

Great looking convertible. The top is the first one I can remember that has realistic looking bows under it. Clean looking details on the trim. Oh and "GO CHIEFS" . 

It's almost that time, GO CHIEFS!!!

5 hours ago, ewetwo said:

Beautiful!

Thanks David!

4 hours ago, michelle said:

nice  work  shoopdog, vamach1, David miller on each of your  shelby gt-500 convertibles 

Thanks Michelle!

That's a beautiful looking paint job in a great Tamiya color and the decal alignment is excellent. You mentioned the rear body pan being a fitment issue and I've heard the same thing from others that've built this kit. It's the one reason I've been reluctant to build one even though I'm a huge fan of the '69-'70 Mustangs. 

23 hours ago, vamach1 said:

Super clean build

Thanks Rex!

9 hours ago, charger74 said:

It looks very good 

9 hours ago, Bills72sj said:

Very nice Shelby

12 hours ago, Dragonhawk1066 said:

Keith, that looks fantastic!! I really like the gold stripes on that beautiful maroon paint job!

12 hours ago, Hmann68 said:

👍👍 two thumbs up from me, looks great!

Thank you all!

44 minutes ago, TransAmMike said:

Well Rex, clearly you're a Mustang and Cougar fan as I can see in the group picture. I assume the '57 I see is a WIP.

Actually David Miller posted that picture but yes Mustangs, Cobras and GT40’s are my main addiction.