Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 66 Riviera

Paintandwrenches

AMT 66 Riviera. I really like this kit. This was my first time using foil. I hated the stock wheels so I copped these from a Corvette kit and made them fit as best as I could. My wife wanted it to be gold , the paint is a Vallejo color shift green but on white primer it does this pearl gold thing. I didn't clear the body and once I did the foil I didn't want everything to have the same sheen so it is what it is now. I did the engine in that color just because I had a 54 Buick with a nailhead years ago and I liked the teal. Exhaust and little detail work and I'm going to call it done. I'm learning and I see a lot of flaws but I feel like every one I do is better than the last.

PXL_20210207_154134860.jpg

PXL_20210207_154051582.jpg

PXL_20210207_154113117.jpg

PXL_20210207_155134606.PORTRAIT.jpg

Nice job.  Your first time at BMF looks good.  It gets easier as you go.  I'm gonna have to pick up one of these next time they come around.  My mom had a '67 Riv when I was in high school.   That was a fun car to drive, but could suck out half a tank of gas in 2 blocks....