Model Cars Magazine Forum

Where can I find a good color match for the 1984 Kenwood Porsche 956 blue?

I think that if you're wanting to be as close as possible MCW or some of the other companies that specialize in OEM colors would be the way to go. This would be a little more expensive than off the shelf spray cans but it just depends on how important it is that the color be exact.  

I didn’t see Kenwood blue at MCW. It’s not a color for something for something wildly popular like a factory 1969 Camaro color, but I saw another seller with two shades of blue for a 1930s Bugatti “tank” race car. I’ll have to keep looking. 

If no one sells a good match, it’s not the end of the world. It means no one can say mine is inaccurate.  Pretty much. 

13 hours ago, LDO said:

I didn’t see Kenwood blue at MCW. It’s not a color for something for something wildly popular like a factory 1969 Camaro color, but I saw another seller with two shades of blue for a 1930s Bugatti “tank” race car. I’ll have to keep looking. 

If no one sells a good match, it’s not the end of the world. It means no one can say mine is inaccurate.  Pretty much. 

Actually Contact MCW, he will mix anything not just what you see in the listing. And once he mixes it he will add that to his listings.

Edited by Dave G.

9 hours ago, Dave G. said:

Actually Contact MCW, he will mix anything not just what you see in the listing. And once he mixes it he will add that to his listings.

I think this search might be more trouble than it’s worth. The guy at MCW said I would need to get info on the color. That makes perfect sense, but it would be a lot less trouble to mix something myself and shoot for a match with the box art. 

24 minutes ago, LDO said:

I think this search might be more trouble than it’s worth. The guy at MCW said I would need to get info on the color. That makes perfect sense, but it would be a lot less trouble to mix something myself and shoot for a match with the box art. 

I see, sorry about that.