Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 Chevrolet Nova SS

Captain Spaulding

On 2/12/2021 at 8:07 AM, Captain Spaulding said:

Got the motor assembled and frame painted this week. 

Still undecided on the body color, thinking of dark tan for the interior. Need to check around online to see if I can find some ideas.

20210212_090110.jpg

What did you use to do the silver (brake? Fuel lines?) going down the side of the frame?

that looks very cool

3 hours ago, doorsovdoon said:

Those colours look great together. 

I thought they did too, something different.

2 hours ago, PHPaul said:

Nice!

Major flashback for me, I had a 1:1  '69 Nova SS, 350/350.  Green with a black interior.  The green was a couple of shades darker than that, but it's close.  Only "performance" car I've ever owned, wish I had it back!

That would of been a sweet car to own, to think what they can be worth nowadays.

1 hour ago, seabiscut88 said:

What did you use to do the silver (brake? Fuel lines?) going down the side of the frame?

that looks very cool

Thanks pal, I just used silver paint and a toothpick, I just recently started using a silver sharpie marker and find it much easier to do detailing with.

58 minutes ago, Captain Spaulding said:

I thought they did too, something different.

That would of been a sweet car to own, to think what they can be worth nowadays.

Thanks pal, I just used silver paint and a toothpick, I just recently started using a silver sharpie marker and find it much easier to do detailing with.

Nice. I have bought a lot of sharpies and paint markers just working on technique now to keep my hand steady.  That looks awesome 

8 hours ago, seabiscut88 said:

Nice. I have bought a lot of sharpies and paint markers just working on technique now to keep my hand steady.  That looks awesome 

Thanks bud, that's been the battle for me as well, especially as you get older you don't have the steady hand you used to.

8 hours ago, FLHCAHZ said:

Looking great!  The Green and tan fit nicely. I am building a green charger with tan/ brown interior as well 

Thanks pal, was checking out your Charger. That's looking great, especially for a kit that needs quite a bit of work from the factory.

1 hour ago, Rockford said:

I've got a couple of these in my stash, they are very well engineered kits. This is looking good!

Thanks appreciate it, definitely a well done kit I'd recommend it to anyone.

12 hours ago, seabiscut88 said:

A sign painter friend taught our club a trick many years ago. He would steady his hand with a bean bag, or the large bag of M&Ms.  

Putting the ball of your hand onto the bag, it will sink in, and this will hold it steady.

32 minutes ago, Tom Geiger said:

A sign painter friend taught our club a trick many years ago. He would steady his hand with a bean bag, or the large bag of M&Ms.  

Putting the ball of your hand onto the bag, it will sink in, and this will hold it steady.

Wow that is a great tip! Thank you I am going to try that tonight (hopefully!)....