Model Cars Magazine Forum

GMC square body plow

4 hours ago, NOBLNG said:

That is supposed to be a Western Unimount plow I believe. So the smaller cylinder on the right in the picture is the hydraulic cylinder. There should be one chain going from the arm above it down to the plow frame. You can get chain in the jewelry making section at Micheals or a hobby shop that has military stuff. Video on identifying their systems here. Edit: Oh…and the truck looks great Andre!

Great reference photos, I’ve been looking to see what make the kit plow was supposed to represent, found no info here so thanks for the heads up!

Hey Andre, I found some scale chain and can drop it off next time I’m out, say maybe 2” is enough? I have styrene rod too but hydraulic cylinders will take some scratch work

3 hours ago, Scalper said:

wow great pics.   thanks for the reference  

You’re welcome Guys. I have one of these kits too that I haven’t built yet. So I went to a snow plowing forum to look for info. Some fellow on there posted a pic of his similar looking plow and mentioned the name of it. Then I just googled that brand.😁

2 hours ago, hct728(Bob) said:

Great reference photos, I’ve been looking to see what make the kit plow was supposed to represent, found no info here so thanks for the heads up!

Hey Andre, I found some scale chain and can drop it off next time I’m out, say maybe 2” is enough? I have styrene rod too but hydraulic cylinders will take some scratch work

• Like 1

19 hours ago, hct728(Bob) said:

Thanks Bob. I will gladly take it off your hands at the next meeting.   Hopefully we will have them again regularly.  With no lockdowns 

• 9 months later...