Model Cars Magazine Forum

95 S10 Super Stock

Glen Powers

This is an older build and since it's snowing again I figured I'd post it on here. AMT kit, Tamiya paints, and Slixx decals. Scratch built items were limited to headers, roll cage, fuel pressure sender, motor plate and some misc. small stuff. Fire away if you have any questions or comments.

Thanks, GlenIMG_0117.JPG.7a27ecd35bbccf013da2da06c8823c51.JPGIMG_0118.JPG.4839014c0f8f1fb4e7b552c2d619fa57.JPGIMG_0120.JPG.a44819df3d1b9832e0651bb0317b14a6.JPGIMG_0116.JPG.9290d155fed912886ce21bc8fb0b5ccc.JPGIMG_0125.JPG.e28dae01c926cc7d9e4c16ce0a0c55e8.JPG 

To Rick, Larry D., Dennis, Barry, Larry C., Joe, Francis, and Ron,

Thanks for taking the time to look it over and respond I very much appreciate it.

Ron: that's a Rochester 4GC, it's an old resin item that I "believe" came from Best Model Car Parts. I was going for a 64/65 327 look. Wish Fireball did one of those!!

Thank again, Glen

14 hours ago, Glen Powers said:

Ron and Ray, sorry I did not thank you both sooner.

Glen

Thank you for sharing the pics.Really a very cool truck.Question,where did u get all the gauges.I found a very good monster tach on a 1/8th scale Grand National drag car.But it fits great even in a 1/24-5th scale well.Its very realistic,and it’s painted for you,lol

9271D3C3-9CF4-4995-A1A3-F3C69CFEBCD7.jpeg

15 hours ago, majel said:

Fantastic paint job and very nice detail in the engine bay.  Great job!

Jim, thanks so much for the kind words

Glen

10 hours ago, NYLIBUD said:

Thank you for sharing the pics.Really a very cool truck.Question,where did u get all the gauges.I found a very good monster tach on a 1/8th scale Grand National drag car.But it fits great even in a 1/24-5th scale well.Its very realistic,and it’s painted for you,lol

Ron, all the gauge faces are Slixx decals (except the factory speedo/tach which is a kit decal). The tach was from a Revell pro stock/mod kit. I sanded the face smooth added the decal and the bezel is a slice of 7/32" alum. tubing. The rest of the gauges are on a small piece of styrene sheet and those bezels are from 5/32" alum. tubing.

Glen