Model Cars Magazine Forum

not pretty,but fun

bauercrew

6 minutes ago, RichCostello said:

I've always wondered why the cubic inch decal in this kit says 321 cu in, when the 57 Ford would have a 312, and on the boxart it says 312?

I have wondered the same thing. A 312 with an .060" overbore is a 322, and I don't know if it is possible to bore one that much. Maybe a common combination of overbore and a stroker crank?

I really like this. The old school gasser racer with a carbon fiberhood, is kind of neat. The decal issue is likely a print shop faux pas, but I like Steve's idea and I'd go with it.

16 hours ago, Rodent said:

Maybe a common combination of overbore and a stroker crank?

Image result for yeah thats the ticket

On 2/9/2021 at 5:39 PM, Rodent said:

I have wondered the same thing. A 312 with an .060" overbore is a 322, and I don't know if it is possible to bore one that much. Maybe a common combination of overbore and a stroker crank?

Or just maybe the person doing the decal artwork was dyslexic and put the numbers in the wrong order.

1 hour ago, misterNNL said:

Or just maybe the person doing the decal artwork was dyslexic and put the numbers in the wrong order.

Probably this. I went down a rabbit hole today and learned way more about Y-Blocks than I needed to. Should have called my friend Dave, who I have nicknamed "Mr. Y-Block". He currently owns 5 '56 Fords. A convertible that has been in pieces for 10 or so years, but most everything is done except reassembly. Also a Victoria, a Crown Victoria, and two 4-door Fairlanes. All with 312s. One of the 4 doors is a 3-speed with OD.

Cool build nonetheless. Kind of like 1964 meets 2021.