Model Cars Magazine Forum

my latest 58 Plymouths!

cooltoys1

I have been building ONLY 57 and 58 Plymouths over the past year, and i really surprised myself of the dedication to only 2 years and one make. Here we have Plymouths' #39, #40 & #41. Converts are just box stock, red one is a pre-paint and blue one is Nassau Blue from the Testors laquer system. Sedan delivery is a old old resin from modelhaus, many years discontinued. Did the delivery as an old Honest Charlie Speed Shop truck (for those who remember Honest Charlie, lol)

I made the decals myself. ENJOY!!

MVC-005F-7.jpg

MVC-006F-5.jpg

Edited by cooltoys1

Thanks for the props dudes! Some will say, why just plymouths...? I have built thousands of cars, all different subjects, so i thought, let see if i can stay to one very tight theme, and for how long. I have an extreme love for the 57 and 58 Plymouths. so its a game to me, lol.

Ill post some more soon, im just finishing them up.

Jay

Fantastic work! Gotta agree; I like the blue convertible the best, but the others are great too!

Those 57-58 Plymouths had the best-proportioned fins of any car from that decade, the epitome of

Exner's magnificent "forward look."

Was the convertible a resin body, or did you convert the AMT/Ertl/RC body? Guess I wasn't aware of a convertible being kitted . . .

Whichever, it's absolutely gorgeous!

Edited by FactoryStock54