Model Cars Magazine Forum

Finished up my Tiki Trike, so far I've built the Taco Trike and the Mailbox Chopper. Soon to be starting on the Milk Trike and can't wait to get the last two in the series. Paint is Tamiya TS97 Pearl Yellow which I really liked how it turned out. Thanks for looking.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by shoopdog

That’s great! The yellow was a good choice! I’m working on my second Trike now, the Mailbox chopper. These things are too much fun. At the hobby shop yesterday for paint, they had the milk Trike and Tiki. No idea how I refrained from buying them lol!! Yours looks great 👍👍

On February 13, 2021 at 10:41 AM, Slimguy said:

Looks terrific Keith...I agree with you about the yellow, great color.

Thank you David!

4 hours ago, slusher said:

Looks fantastic!

Much obliged Carl!

On February 13, 2021 at 7:18 PM, PappyD340 said:

Very nice!

Thank you Sir!

On February 13, 2021 at 12:03 PM, Hmann68 said:

That’s great! The yellow was a good choice! I’m working on my second Trike now, the Mailbox chopper. These things are too much fun. At the hobby shop yesterday for paint, they had the milk Trike and Tiki. No idea how I refrained from buying them lol!! Yours looks great 👍👍

Thank you! Your Taco Trike turned out great, can't wait to see your Mailbox Chopper.

I'm stuck waiting for it to warm up so I can get some paint on my Milk Trike.

1 hour ago, crazyjim said:

That's pretty cool.  Do you really paint the split frame first, insert the tree, and then glue the frame together?

Thanks Jim! On this one I went ahead and glued the frame together before painting but left the neck unglued to insert the forks when complete. Also glued the tank to the frame first to line it all up. Engine slides right into place with a little coaxing.

Edited by shoopdog