Model Cars Magazine Forum

80's Dirt Late Model

Sweet oval tracker.  I am a fan of the older style recognizable body styles, but these are just wicked looking. You have done an excellent job. Would like more details on this build.  Is the body scratchbuilt or vacuum-formed?  What chassis did you build from?  The world (or at least I do) wants to know.  Thanks for sharing this one with us.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/18/2021 at 1:24 PM, TonyK said:

Well, after 20 years you built a fine looking model. Love these cars. I'd also like to know some details of your model.

Sorry for the delay, haven't been on this board in a few weeks.  Chassis was built 20 years ago.  It's a Revell ASA chassis with some slight modifications.  The body is scratchbuilt from evergreen sheet.  Wheels and hubs are resin cast items for a guy that did them 20 years ago.  Decals are custom printed from a guy I know on a FB modeling site.  Pretty much all of this stuff is still readily available.  Here is a link to a FB sight where you'll see quite few dirt late models.        https://www.facebook.com/groups/WFCMotorsportsLLC. 

roncoon.com has a ton of resin parts and bodies

These race in Australia as well and I have also built an 80's style car based on the ASA frame.  You did a really nice job on this one Pat, welcome back after a long drought! I really like the wheels you chose, were these from Fred's Resin Workshop?

Cheers

Alan

On 3/7/2021 at 6:06 AM, alan barton said:

These race in Australia as well and I have also built an 80's style car based on the ASA frame.  You did a really nice job on this one Pat, welcome back after a long drought! I really like the wheels you chose, were these from Fred's Resin Workshop?

Cheers

Alan

No, they are resin pieces i bought over 20 years ago from Steve Hayward. Roncoon.com sells some very similar.  He also has other great parts

• 1 month later...