Model Cars Magazine Forum

Testors 1/72 kit.  I know my Dad had his hand in this designing the earlier larger scale kit (and a couple others like it), but I'm not sure to what degree on this one.  I know he drew the Scale-Master decal artwork for both kits.

Since it is fictional I decided it could be cool to do it camouflaged.   Digital camo seemed like a good fit.

I started with a base coat of Tamiya Neutral Gray.  All the upper surfaces were shot with the same color.  (The canopy frame is just tacked in with white glue.)

2aA8P4f.jpg

Edited by Scale-Master

Got a couple of these in 1/48, and one in 1/72. Fictional but nevertheless cool design, and apparently a lot of people agreed; I believe this became Testors biggest selling kit.(?)

I like the direction you are going with it. I really like "what if" builds; it's all you and your imagination out for a stretch.

Thanks Trevor!  It's a fun project even if I'm not 100% sure what it's going to look like when finished.

I thought the black insignia was too low-vis when I applied it, but after a couple days I decided it had to come off.  Since I planned to use the gray markings on the tails I went with the same for the wing.  Ironically, it's just the other side of the same coin of contrast. 

XVkpbt3.jpg

• 1 month later...