Model Cars Magazine Forum

Autoquiz 511

Completely wrong on the “where”, a couple of years out on the “when” and not a clue on the “what”. Not even Meatloaf would give me a pass on that dismal effort. Good job Michael came to the rescue with his invaluable clues (again) Total surprise, but I got it.  Thanks Michael!

I must be honest that although I knew what it was I had always thought it came from a different country and it wasn't until I did some digging to get the dates that I found out the where. Still. I was that one response and I'll take that! 

2 hours ago, DonW said:

I must be honest that although I knew what it was I had always thought it came from a different country and it wasn't until I did some digging to get the dates that I found out the where. Still. I was that one response and I'll take that! 

Speaking of different countries, I had always assumed you were in Australia.

40 minutes ago, dw1603 said:

Speaking of different countries, I had always assumed you were in Australia.

No dingos or wallabies in South Wales! Aberdare is between the Brecon Beacons and Cardiff, not in New South Wales at all.🦘😊 

Pretty cool small car! A friend of a friend invited us to see his car collection, many years ago.  This gentleman had around 30 classic cars, all restored like new. One of this was the car in the picture. Pretty cool small car! Although I think from stock they have the front bumper.

A Austin 7 was the base for the Rosengart LR4N2 from 1938. Rosengart were build in Neville near by Paris. Lucien Rosengart had help Citroen and Peugeot in the late 20's and he deceide what they can do I can to it as well. He started with a licenced build of the Austin 7. Rosengart was closed 1955. In Bergheim-Rath Germany is a small Rosengart museum with the last ever build Rosengart and personell belongings of Lucien Rosengart. 

The correct answer were sent in by:

DonW

dw1603

Ace-Garageguy

Brizio

Congratulation

2 hours ago, dw1603 said:

Does anyone know why so many Rosengart products were right hand drive? 

Cars and truck in general were right hand drive back then. I think they started with horses and buggy. The driver stop on the right side of the road and open the dor for let the people go out of the carriage. The chaffeur on cars did the same. On truck they said that having the steering wheels on the right allowedd the driver to see better the edge of the road, and it was easy to follow.