Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ok... enough already!

hedotwo

So, If I tell you that is should reach 70 Deg today, you'd be upset? :)

However, it is not the joke I make it out to be. We've had almost no freezing weather, and as an agricultural area, we do need at least a couple hard Freezes to help crops and kill the insects. It will be a miserable, Gnat and Mosquito infested Spring & Summer, otherwise. Ugh.

And the Almanac is predicting a hotter than normal Summer. Double Ugh! 

Not much yet here in the Cleveland area, but more to come in the forecast...I have piles of ice and snow in the center of my driveway from last weeks snow, been putting ice melt on it to reduce it some...24 hrs ago the driveway was clear except for the piles down the center. 

096791CF-4381-4871-ABA4-D38CA6980C38.png

Edited by Rob Hall

Here in Eastern Pennsylvania temperatures have been in the high 20s to hi 30s, often on the same days!  This causes issues since we have a good amount of snow and it will melt during the day, then freeze again at night. 

The snow banks on either side of my driveway are rock solid, but melt some during the day, with water across the pavement.. guess what happens there when it gets cold again? One skating rink.

Today and tomorrow we have predictions of freezing rain, then it goes up to the 40s and then two more snow events before the weekend.  Slippery mess!

We'd been having an unusually dry winter (for us anyway) and hadn't been able to take our snowmobiles out til we had a 12" snowfall a couple of weeks ago.  But... the temps dropped like a rock that night and haven't recovered yet, so rather than riding in below zero temps we've been holding off.  Hope is coming though.  Looks like highs in the 20's by the end of the week so maybe we can finally get out of the house and ride.

I work at a utility...in the power plant.

Been generating for the past three days.

On arrival this morning....real temp @ 4 am was -18.   Dropped to -21 just before sunrise....don't give a rat's tail feathers what the feels like could be.

2 hours ago, hedotwo said:

This morning with my coffee :o....  We've only barely gotten above zero (daytime that is) a couple of times in the past couple of weeks <groan>....

Two winters ago we had a few -30 days in a row... It just makes everything more difficult. This winter was pretty mild until this last week where it hovered around -10 to 5 degrees .. Still hardly any snow though. Gonna be a brown summer!

2 hours ago, alexis said:

So, If I tell you that is should reach 70 Deg today, you'd be upset? :)

However, it is not the joke I make it out to be. We've had almost no freezing weather, and as an agricultural area, we do need at least a couple hard Freezes to help crops and kill the insects. It will be a miserable, Gnat and Mosquito infested Spring & Summer, otherwise. Ugh.

And the Almanac is predicting a hotter than normal Summer. Double Ugh! 

Hard to envy a place that’s soon to be a giant pit of smoldering ash🤠

It's 3pm and we're in the heat of the day. -2 with a wind chill to -21. Tuesday's high to be 10 and by Wednesday back to 20. We have had the lowest recorded temps for over a week for this area ever. Not bad compared to many others but the longest sustained record low temps for around here. The power company is starting rolling blackouts since the Wind Turbines have frozen up and the blades will not turn. At least it's supposed to get out of the negative temps starting tomorrow.  At least it's still snowing.    

4 hours ago, signguy2108 said:

Wow, got up this morning to 16 degrees and 6-8" of snow on the ground, still coming down! Not supposed to b above freezing till friday with another round of ice and rain mid week. last time we had this weather was about 43 years ago!

Very impressive for Arkansas!👍

Long Island ain’t much better dude.So far we have had 3-4 pretty large snow storms.I mean I’m sure that’s nothing compared with you are dealing with.But I checked your profile location.It says u live in a cabin on a lake in N.Wisconsin.Aren’t these incredibly low temps par for the course?I had a friend living in Fargo.I visited him once in the last 10 years.😖

32 minutes ago, NYLIBUD said:

Long Island ain’t much better dude.So far we have had 3-4 pretty large snow storms.I mean I’m sure that’s nothing compared with you are dealing with.But I checked your profile location.It says u live in a cabin on a lake in N.Wisconsin.Aren’t these incredibly low temps par for the course?I had a friend living in Fargo.I visited him once in the last 10 years.😖

Below zero isn't uncommon at all here, but rarely does it reach -31.  Last time it hit -30 was maybe 5 years ago.