Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/25 scale airstream RV

I am looking for the 1/25th scale Airstream RV trailer offered by Blvd.Resin or Greaser's Alley. If you have this and not planning on building it contact me by PM. Thanks!

• 2 months later...

Bump. No-one responded to this in February. Anyone know anybody associated with Boulevard Resins or have one of these 1\25th scale Air stream resin trailers stashed away that you are willing to part with?

8 hours ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

Tom, with your skills,  you should be able to build your own!

Thanks,those iconic multi-curved end shell segments are the sticking point for me. The current production ones are even more difficult as the aluminium segments are stretched into shape right here in the factory one block from my house. On warm day I can walk there and the big door in the wall right next to the "stretcher" operation is clearly visible so I can watch them do it. Fascinating to watch. 

2 hours ago, misterNNL said:

Thanks,those iconic multi-curved end shell segments are the sticking point for me. The current production ones are even more difficult as the aluminium segments are stretched into shape right here in the factory one block from my house. On warm day I can walk there and the big door in the wall right next to the "stretcher" operation is clearly visible so I can watch them do it. Fascinating to watch. 

I'm thinking of how to make one.

Like you I saw the stretched panels and winced. But the old trailers used flat sheets cut into trapezoid shapes bent around the ends to meet in the middle.

I'm thinking of making one using sheet plastic attached together like they do. 

I think you could cut those formed end sections out of the top area of a 2liter soda bottle or something similar. It has most of the shape you need already. Or maybe its a starting point to work with enough that you could resin cast it.

5 hours ago, Khils said:

Tom.....have you considered vacuum forming the difficult parts?

Just a thought!

I don't have access to a vacuum former. I have considered using a heat gun for the forming over a buck then trimming the pieces (carefully) to size. In the real world the segments overlap slightly to allow for rivets. That overlap in styrene would be unacceptable and pretty much look terrible. Most every trailer model has rivets that are way too big. Real rivets are placed about every 1\2" which would be very difficult in 1\25. Most of the antique trailers I have built are done with flat panels. I'll figure it out someday and will share it here.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, mikemodeler said:

I know you want to build one Tom, but I have seen die cast versions in 1/25 scale, might be easier!

The next time you see one think of me and send me a link please.

Posted (edited)

Try this Tom,

https://airstreamsupplycompany.com/products/airstream-124-scale-models-by-greenlight/

There appears to be a lot more choices if you are willing to do 1:64 scale. At one time I saw those Greenlight campers at Hobby Lobby, but that has probably been a year or more since I saw them.

Edited by mikemodeler
1 hour ago, mikemodeler said:

Try this Tom,

https://airstreamsupplycompany.com/products/airstream-124-scale-models-by-greenlight/

There appears to be a lot more choices if you are willing to do 1:64 scale. At one time I saw those Greenlight campers at Hobby Lobby, but that has probably been a year or more since I saw them.

Thanks guys!

On 5/19/2021 at 6:16 AM, mikemodeler said:

Try this Tom,

We attended a toy show this month and I asked every hot wheels dealer there if they had any Airstream trailers. None had seen any for years. The ones on the web are priced about the same as the 1/25 one here.

3 hours ago, mikemodeler said:

I saw this on Facebook, be worth a look on their website or a phone call.

191883261_10220187241659732_4076573849433237666_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=b9115d&_nc_ohc=31Ab7ovVRAgAX8yUl7p&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-2.xx&tp=7&oh=9cd0a531a40fae643992a656b221492d&oe=60D5FD4DMay be an image of text that says 'a trailer trailer measures approximately 12" length. Kit contains camping accessories, clear plastic sheet create windows. and Matte Aluminum Bare-Metal Foil for finishing the body Kit consists 31 3D-printed parts, vinyl tires, metal axle and styrene tube for table base and axle spacers. specific instructions on working resin printed parts. epoxy ecommended for assembly ofthis kit. ©ht2021 Bolide Plastic Motorworks'

Thanks for posting this.....but.....that is undoubtedly the worst looking representation of an Airstream trailer(Imho) I have ever seen.