Model Cars Magazine Forum

Elvis' Caddy

RichCostello

I have a 1/64 that is pretty nice, but no 1/24.  There should be like 3 versions? - the blue with black top, pink with black top, and final, pink with white top, if they do them all.  I think that's the order of how the original blue car evolved.   I have a 49 convertible in 1/43 I bought at Graceland.   Elvis never had a 49.  But Graceland.

I got lucky and got a cheap Franklin? Mint of the pink one.  Have thought about getting the blue one to go with the pink one.

2 hours ago, randyc said:

I have a 1/64 that is pretty nice, but no 1/24.  There should be like 3 versions? - the blue with black top, pink with black top, and final, pink with white top, if they do them all.  I think that's the order of how the original blue car evolved.   I have a 49 convertible in 1/43 I bought at Graceland.   Elvis never had a 49.  But Graceland.

I got lucky and got a cheap Franklin? Mint of the pink one.  Have thought about getting the blue one to go with the pink one.

Yeah, it's the blue one that they have. It is a really nice color, which is what has me considering buying it. I don't buy many die casts, but I doubt we'll ever see a 55 Caddy in a 1/25 kit.

20 hours ago, RichCostello said:

Yeah, it's the blue one that they have. It is a really nice color, which is what has me considering buying it. I don't buy many die casts, but I doubt we'll ever see a 55 Caddy in a 1/25 kit.

True.  If you get it, please post up with some details.  Would love to know more about these.

On 2/16/2021 at 8:08 PM, RichCostello said:

I saw a Greenlight 55 Cadillac "Elvis" edition at Hobby Lobby, and wad wondering if anyone has , or has seen one of these? It looks pretty good in the box, but I'm not sure if I want to spend $20 on it. It's 1/24 scale, but doesn't look too big.

I have some Elvis collectibles I will look at it. Honestly some diecast 1/24 scales are too big...

12 hours ago, slusher said:

I have some Elvis collectibles I will look at it. Honestly some diecast 1/24 scales are too big...

I'm not an "ELVIS" collector, I just like the car. The size looks pretty good, from what I can see with it in the box. I normally only buy 1/25 scale, but since this is a huge car, I don't think the scale will matter much. I haven't decided weather to buy it or not, but it's been there a while, so I think I've got time.

6 hours ago, RichCostello said:

I'm not an "ELVIS" collector, I just like the car. The size looks pretty good, from what I can see with it in the box. I normally only buy 1/25 scale, but since this is a huge car, I don't think the scale will matter much. I haven't decided weather to buy it or not, but it's been there a while, so I think I've got time.

Being sure is the best way to go about it.

I have the '55 Cadillacs from both GreenLight and Jada, the former as the car from The Godfather and the latter as Elvis' Caddy:

r260a.jpg.7c69051daaf6e23b5c62e4b470054c0f.jpg

GreenLight's has some excellent details, right down to the Autronic Eye on the dashboard. It also has much more elaborate paint apps, including a multi-color interior and black wash on the grille. The downside is that it's undersized - about 1/27 scale.

r278a.jpg.d71018c5cd9e0d0e32b1d70ca1cb4b4d.jpg

Jada's is a lot simpler, with fewer painted details (the interior is a soild off-white) and some details omitted altogether like the vent windows. But it's a true 1/24 scale, and has an opening hood and trunk.

• 2 weeks later...