Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT Dodge D100 Styleside

Let's see if I can keep my motivation up on this one. I've never done this level of scratchbuilding.  Started with a Dodge Little Red Express kit. Lost the decals long ago, and don't really care for the stepside bed. Got a Styleside/smoothside bed from Trailer Trash Customs. Decided I was going to try my hand at building a frame, as I want this truck to be laid out. Here's where I am so far. Thinking a V10 from the Revell Sidewinder kit.

20201216_171306_001.jpg

20210209_200811.jpg

20210210_192546.jpg

20210210_192747.jpg

20210216_193804.jpg

Nice project Shawn!  I went the same way as you with a fully scratch built frame on my '64 D100 and I see that you are on the right track, the stance is superb.  Mine is not that close to the ground because it is a Pro Street type truck but I would probably have tried to lower it very close to the ground if I had wanted to make it a "new trend" truck like yours.  Keep doing the good work! 👍

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Not much to update, as work has kept me stupid busy lately. But got some parts from Trailer Trash Kustomz again, gives an idea of where I'm going with this. 3D printed air suspension, and resin 6.1 Hemi instead of the V10.

20210520_194642.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Pulling this one back off the shelf. I had never been happy with how the frame was coming out so it got shelved. I was cleaning out some spare parts, and found this Revell Dodge Sidewinder frame stashed in there, and the wheelbase is dang near perfect. So I think I'm going to try my hand at it again, modifying this frame instead.

20230713_185846.jpg

• Like 1