Model Cars Magazine Forum

New source for 3D parts: Canuck 3D...

I purchased some wheel sets from: Canuck 3D

I'm very pleased. The Monza wheels are meant for a long planned Vega GT.

Offered are '74 and '75 trans-kits for the Revell '77 Chevy Monte Carlo. A 1973 trans kit is in the works.

I have no connection to Wylde other than being a satisfied customer.

Thanks for looking!

John

spacer.png

Thanks John, I work hard to create something for my models that no one else had. I noticed that there is a shortage of sources that offer those hard to get factory correct parts for models so I started to make my own and who knew they would be wanted by others. I have a lot of parts ideas in the works and right now it's creating a conversion kit for the 96 S10 to 98-2003. So far the front end, bucket seats, consoles and ZQ8 wheels are complete and available, working on the dash and door panels. The 73 Monte conversion kit has me in a bit of stumper on how to model the back bumper correctly, It never looks right. I will get it.

Over 40 years as a design draftsman (35 using CAD) has taught me a lot of tricks. :)

Working on it, although the bumper is not as accurate as I would have liked it due to lack of really good pictures and measurements. Front bumper and grille next, t hat will be a lot easier.

Question for those of you who owned a 73, what it more common with bumperettes or without?

image.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2021 at 6:14 AM, ChrisBcritter said:

Looking forward to that '73 conversion! Will also need a bench seat to do the family car:

my73montecarlo.jpg.15c283404824ae49a6fbf07f995e3707.jpg

coming up...final development right now. Back panel fitment test. minor corrections needed.

20210308_085238.jpg

20210225_155239.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

OK... on John’s suggestion I ordered several sets of Vega GT wheels. I owned a ‘73. Let’s face it... there is nothing out there!

Dealing with Wylde is a pleasure. I got tracking and product arrived quickly. I couldn’t wait to try out a set. 
I cleaned them with alcohol, no... not my beer! Primed and painted a set with Tamiya Gun Metal. I cut off a trim ring from a Nova wheel. I plan to send out the resin ri gs for plating!

The wheel lugs and center cap are not detailed. I just wanted to get a “feel” for these puppies. Found a FM tire which is a bit large but so far, I’m quite impressed! So much so that I’ve already ordered the Cosworth wheels!

9056AE67-3004-41E4-B752-2EFF8F6649A3.jpeg.ae7d28198b36b4cfa69b76967305d26d.jpeg

45 minutes ago, George Bojaciuk said:

OK... on John’s suggestion I ordered several sets of Vega GT wheels. I owned a ‘73. Let’s face it... there is nothing out there!

Dealing with Wylde is a pleasure. I got tracking and product arrived quickly. I couldn’t wait to try out a set. 
I cleaned them with alcohol, no... not my beer! Primed and painted a set with Tamiya Gun Metal. I cut off a trim ring from a Nova wheel. I plan to send out the resin ri gs for plating!

The wheel lugs and center cap are not detailed. I just wanted to get a “feel” for these puppies. Found a FM tire which is a bit large but so far, I’m quite impressed! So much so that I’ve already ordered the Cosworth wheels!

9056AE67-3004-41E4-B752-2EFF8F6649A3.jpeg.ae7d28198b36b4cfa69b76967305d26d.jpeg

and they are on the way :D

• 3 weeks later...