Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT Surf Woody

PatW

I have built a few of these over the last 5 years or so.

photo-th.jpg

One of my previous builds, shows modified sides, cutaway with portholes, full height body and windscreen.

photo-th.jpg

But with the latest one, using the sports windscreen, short surf board, roof rack and hearse short roof all supplied in the kit. I cut down/lowered the sides and added home printed 'woody' decals..

photo-th.jpg

photo-th.jpg

photo-th.jpg

photo1-th.jpg

Display in box with kit.

Edited by PatW

I think I like the first one best but they are both pretty cool in their own way. I managed to get the frame of one under a Monogram 30A kit many years ago and it has a nicely detailed small block Ford that was ahead of its time.  Must build the actual kit one day!

Cheers

Alan

Pat, really like that new build. Have one in the stash that I have started to modify. 

As for the weather, I live in a Northern suburb of Dallas, Texas. It has been below freezing since Sunday (we hit -2 Degrees F). My furnace died on Monday and we have been  surviving on electric space heaters (got the living room up to 59 degrees F. today).

But the state of Texas has learned a painful lesson. Twenty three percent of our electric power was coming from wind turbines and half of them froze to a stop. We have rolling blackouts and water pipes have been bursting every where.

Oh, and the weather forecast says we should be up to 69 degrees F. Wed. Ah, Texas weather.   

Thanks guys for your comments. Gerald I'm so sorry to hear your plight!  In Scotland it has been -16C last week and very heavy snow and here in the East Midlands (right in the centre 60 miles north of London) -10C last week but only 1 inch of snow! Here we are talking more and more offshore wind turbines and Solar Panels.

Whereas our oldest son is in Calgary Alberta. -15C week before last, but with the wind chill factor  -40C last week!

All the very best to you all in these uncertain times.