Model Cars Magazine Forum

'69 Country Charger (pic heavy)

FLHCAHZ

7 minutes ago, shoopdog said:

Great looking finish you have there! I'm gonna have to start practicing spraying acrylics with my air brush. Or any paints for that matter. I've always been a rattle can and orange tube glue kind of guy.

I’m with ya on the tube glue (except windows!). The airbrush is a new thing to me. Really having fun with it. Thanks for the compliment 

I am really starting to realize why the kits have such a bad reputation!  Ther is no way that I can figure that the distributor will will fir and the chassis doesn’t really fit the body. I know we all see these kits as “ challenge accepted “ but this kit really doesn’t work very well with the parts that came with it. Here is where I am:

1AFD8032-51FF-48D7-AF5F-0090728B82A6.jpeg.767dfae7109a7ec9b1208b5dbf26f795.jpeg

The wheels I bought are way too small, so the old Crager SS is what I’ll use 

21 minutes ago, Dragonhawk1066 said:

That color looks great. Where did you find the paint, was it with the other craft paints? I haven't seen that brand before. That's the great thing about craft paints, you can whip out a nice paint job in less than a half hour and it's dry to the touch.

True!  Hobby Lobby is where I got the pant. I just picked up a metallic white for a 1/12 67 vette. I live working with this stuff!

I didn't realize these were a full-detail kit. I might have to grab one.

The color looks very good on it, also looks appropriate to a Mopar of the era.

Re: foiling. Go to a hardware store and get a sharpening stone set. Sharpen the blade every time before you use it. You get more mileage out of the blade, and with it being nice and sharp, better results with the foil.

Charlie Larkin

6 hours ago, charlie8575 said:

Re: foiling. Go to a hardware store and get a sharpening stone set. Sharpen the blade every time before you use it. You get more mileage out of the blade, and with it being nice and sharp, better results with the foil.

Charlie Larkin

Thanks for the tip Charlie

17 hours ago, charlie8575 said:

Charlie Larkin

6 hours ago, charlie8575 said:

Not bad at all. That color does look good on it.

Tip for the future: the underhood area on all unit-body Chrysler products (1960-up and 1967-up Imperials) are body-color.

Charlie Larkin

Thanks for the tip!