Model Cars Magazine Forum

70.5 Camaro Promod

Hello guys, i'm in winter time here in Mass and i can't shout any paint inside the apartment, one of the things i need to have when i move is having my hobby room LOL, well, the only thing i can do lately is build stuff and scratch build a lot, so i decide to start a new project that is been looking at me like i was the bad guy who doesn't want to work with him...

This is my 70.5 Camaro Promod, resin body and will have a Blown Hemi on it, the rest will be aftermarket parts and a lot of scratch building, starting from the chassis and roll cage, i'll try to follow promod guide lines and rules for this project, hope you like it...

First setup my blank page where i'm going to draw what i want

LucE2fv.jpg

Second, set the high i need to go, 3" ground clearance 

C4CZ3l4.jpg

xArqjLb.jpg

GsgZfgf.jpg

Third, start getting all that styrene together

nTySNVU.jpg

iz0xjIE.jpg

agZYlhR.jpg

• Like 1

18 hours ago, NYLIBUD said:

Where exactly did u get that body?And wow,looks like your working in your kitchen,lol.Yea there’s no painting at my place either..But I do like what I see so far though.

You got that right Ron, in the kitchen all the time LOL, but at least work for now until a find a better place, glad you like it man

15 hours ago, TransAmMike said:

One wild looking body there Marcos. Gonna be cool!!👌

Thanks Mike, yes this one will be a crazy one for sure

15 hours ago, lordgodbob said:

Definitely following this...I need to watch a chassis being built, I’ve never done that and I need to learn!

Thanks for the support Tim, i'm still in learning mode, and this is my first one going with rules and regulations...

Well did some progress, i'm happy how this turns out and the fitment is going well so far, added some work to the rear end and the 4 link setup...

ghsMq13.jpg

1HiNLkB.jpg

rKUa1go.jpg

X0z5w50.jpg

3dC0I4x.jpg

DH9lvMY.jpg

21 hours ago, lordgodbob said:

Definitely following this...I need to watch a chassis being built, I’ve never done that and I need to learn!

I with you on your statement Bob, same here and thanks Marcos for posting this. Will probably be a bunch of questions. Where do you get the "brackets" ??

On 2/20/2021 at 10:38 AM, TransAmMike said:

I with you on your statement Bob, same here and thanks Marcos for posting this. Will probably be a bunch of questions. Where do you get the "brackets" ??

No problem Mike, I will happily answer anything that I know, most of my aftermarket parts I get them from Ted, when something is not there I go to my closest hobby shop and get it from there

https://www.tedsmodelingmarketplace.com

20 hours ago, AmericanMuscleFan said:

Another great project Marcos!   It's always a little intimidating to make a frame from scratch but it will definitely be very rewarding when you finish this project and can brag about doing it yourself!  By the way, you are going to have good painting sessions this spring as I can see... 😉

Thanks Francis, yes definitely is always rewarding the finished product when doing this, even when is not great and is super hard when you don't know what to do next or how to do it, yes i will have a good amount of project to paint LOL, thank God a friend from my local club let me use his paint booth to do some painting so i can continue with my other builds, i have a question for you, i know you have the name and link of your projects setup, how you do that, I've been trying to do that and they don't look like that at all if you don't mind me asking...

Edited by Tortuga Kustomz
Miisin info

2 hours ago, Tortuga Kustomz said:

Thanks Francis, yes definitely is always rewarding the finished product when doing this, even when is not great and is super hard when you don't know what to do next or how to do it, yes i will have a good amount of project to paint LOL, thank God a friend from my local club let me use his paint booth to do some painting so i can continue with my other builds, i have a question for you, i know you have the name and link of your projects setup, how you do that, I've been trying to do that and they don't look like that at all if you don't mind me asking...

Marcos, this is part of your signature and to add some links of you projects at the bottom of this one you just have to select the option "Account Settings" at the top right of your personal profile page then you will see some options on the left including "signature".  Select this option and you will be able to add your links there (at the bottom) but keep in mind that you are limited to 3 URL links or 4 lines of text if I remember well.

Hope it will be useful, Francis

13 hours ago, AmericanMuscleFan said:

Marcos, this is part of your signature and to add some links of you projects at the bottom of this one you just have to select the option "Account Settings" at the top right of your personal profile page then you will see some options on the left including "signature".  Select this option and you will be able to add your links there (at the bottom) but keep in mind that you are limited to 3 URL links or 4 lines of text if I remember well.

Hope it will be useful, Francis

Thank you so much for the help Francis, i think i got it right LOL, but like you said, only 3 URL and i already have the one for my Club, so only can add 2 of my projects, but is 5 lines instead of 4, so i'm good for the moment, one of my projects is almost done so i decide to left that out for the moment 

missing information

2 minutes ago, Scott Colmer said:

Marcos, this is a great start to what promises to be an excellent build. Laying out the chassis on lined paper is simple genius! I can't believe I have not seen that before, but I will be stealing that idea for my next chassis build up.

I'll be watching!

Scott

Glad you like it Scott, i saw this a long time ago on facebook, i've been follow that guy builds for a long time and he is an amazing builder, he was the who told me to do that, and been using that idea since then

8 hours ago, mustang1989 said:

Off the charts fabrication. Looking good Marcos.

Thank you Joe

hello, i added a few things to it, not much, hope to do more tomorrow

Added floor to drivers side with 0.010 sheet styrene and starting to play with a funny car seat, to make a custom racing seat for this project

GHA6lJZ.jpg

XSzq1fF.jpg

RkDxHYv.jpg

kXtZ2C5.jpg

Continue with the funny  car cage and added some bars in the back of the seat

fKZ0rsQ.jpg

uqMgT16.jpg

oUq1m6I.jpg

tCx6pm2.jpg

missing information

On 3/6/2021 at 10:40 AM, AmericanMuscleFan said:

Great work Marcos, the bird cage frame is awesome and seem to fit perfectly with the body shell.  I love your Optima battery, I made one for my '70 Plymouth GTX using pretty much the same technique and you nailed it my friend! 👍

Thank you Francis, glad you like the battery, this was the second time i build one, the first one was years ago and didn't came out nice as this one, i think they look better making them isntead of buying them

On 3/6/2021 at 1:52 PM, Ian McLaren said:

It just keeps getting better and better. Love the battery.

Thanks Ian, i really appreciated 

On 3/6/2021 at 4:42 PM, lordgodbob said:

Fantastic looking build! Love it....

Thank you Tim

On 3/6/2021 at 6:31 PM, Mike Williams said:

Marcos, the beginnings you've chosen is THE only way to build scratch built models.  Printed out paper to keep things square is cheap, and always the easiest method forward.  Compliments.

I like your build style!  

Mike..

Thanks Mike, i really do appreciate that and yes, i like to do stuff my way, making sure everything is in place and straight, glad you like how this project ir coming