Model Cars Magazine Forum

70.5 Camaro Promod

14 hours ago, Ian McLaren said:

It just keeps getting better and better, well done!

Thank you Ian

12 hours ago, AmericanMuscleFan said:

Glad to see you back on this build Marcos, you've made good progress so far, it smells like Street Outlaws! 😁

Thanks Francis, i like that (Smells like street outlaws), feels good to be back to the bench with a big project like this one

Ok grang, here is an update on the suspensions, they turning real nice, better then my previous versions, really happy how they look, this time try a different way of doing this...

Before i only add the fish eye huck with some wire and the aluminum tubing, this time i make some shape on the tubing by pressings the back part and sand another part of it, no they look more realistic to me, also build my new set of shocks for the front and they look better then a kit one, still need to work on the chassis and roll cage before i put the engine in place.

IMG_6714.JPG

IMG_6717.JPG

IMG_6719.JPG

IMG_6720.JPG

IMG_6721.JPG

IMG_6722.JPG

IMG_6724.JPG

IMG_6744.JPG

IMG_6750.JPG

IMG_6752.JPG

IMG_6755.JPG

IMG_6753.JPG

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello guys, did a lot of stuff but the progress still slow in my opinion, hope to have more done soon

Work on the front of the chassis, added gas tank base and some brackets for electric boxes and small details, also finished the firewall details

Added gas pedal and clutch area, steering column is on but not finished yet

Added some new flashpoint pulleys and fuel pump

Paint the PSI blower Tamiya black metallic

Paint the Chassis Tamiya Dark green, added some carbon fiber decals and cleared with Tamiya clear

13 - 077fiiD.jpg

14 - xCiy4lR.jpg

19 - 2kUiyhG.jpg

23 - 7q6nRsg.jpg

24 - wRcEDgJ.jpg

32 - 9F4DHc4.jpg

33 - Nc7AV6l.jpg

37 - hwgIFjB.jpg

38 - wH2f40y.jpg

39 - XdRbnBg.jpg

41 - Z6dxKLy.jpg

46 - DxzukTB.jpg

49 - iYpkl0b.jpg

50 - 7QHqgzL.jpg

16 - jbhOorn.jpg

17 - ojIMq1D.jpg

37 - m9HHblB.jpg

39 - b0EDPN3.jpg

41 - BMav56I.jpg

5 - vTtJnpO.jpg

7 - HGhi0QB.jpg

8 - 5XjFPTG.jpg

11 - cLjchw4.jpg

13 - jbc94W3.jpg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Straightliner59 said:

You're really making some good progress, Marcos. Well done!

Thank you Daniel, i'm pretty happy how this is turning

9 hours ago, Codi said:

Love the ProMods Marcus,  and the camaro suits it perfectly.  Congrats on the progress so far.   They're challenging to build.  Tim

Thank you Tim, yes they are challenging but it's a lot of fun

• Like 1

On 1/24/2023 at 7:28 PM, AmericanMuscleFan said:

Everything looks great so far Marcos and it seems that the front wheels will be perfectly aligned in the wheel openings. 👌

Thanks Francis, well they are not in center like i wanted to, but this chassis have many mistakes from my part that try to fix all those little thing requires a new chassis which is better for me to do that later, this way i can learn from my own mistakes, you should see my (mistake list) for my next tube chassis LOL

4 hours ago, Tortuga Kustomz said:

Thanks Francis, well they are not in center like i wanted to, but this chassis have many mistakes from my part that try to fix all those little thing requires a new chassis which is better for me to do that later, this way i can learn from my own mistakes, you should see my (mistake list) for my next tube chassis LOL

Marcos, I know exactly what you are talking about regarding mistakes, my 1/12 Camaro has had several corrected (brass construction is easier to change/ adjust than plastic in a lot of cases)  That being said there are things I know about that unless actually measured would not be detectable and have no real bearing on the model as a whole so they remain. I finally learned that there is no such thing as the perfect car (full size or model). I have seen people literally spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on world class show cars to get to the perfect car and fall short. The best you can hope for is each successive model is better than the last and that you have fun doing it. Your work is fantastic, don't sweat the small stuff my friend.

• Like 1