Model Cars Magazine Forum

70.5 Camaro Promod

On 3/6/2023 at 2:57 AM, Straightliner59 said:

Looking good, Marcos. Keep it going, my friend!

Thank you Daniel

On 3/6/2023 at 8:19 AM, Ian McLaren said:

Great work here Marcos on the wheelie bars, they really represent the real deal well, very believable!

Thanks Ian, I want to add some detail, but they are not coming well for some reason, hope to be able to make them before I call this one done LOL.

Here’s an update on this bad boy, really small but I’m happy with it, work on the pulleys belt material and added this old printer belt (the belt that move the cartridge) and it’s a perfect fit for this 1/25 scale resin pulleys from flashpoint, also I was mocking up fuel likes for my fuel distributor block behind the blower hat and make the decision to go clear red instead of black this time, I want to give some color without compromising the mean look, hope you guys like it 

CAD1303E-8E8F-4B8B-8FE1-5B5F0FA02AA8.jpeg

334B3E43-F22F-49BE-92AE-DEFF3BBEF0CA.jpeg

95135A26-BDD1-422F-85B9-1F6143293747.jpeg

15BDCBF2-4AD2-4730-A4A8-F2A79AA4BCE8.jpeg

B5681EFB-32FD-46A3-9625-890E70328AEA.jpeg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AmericanMuscleFan said:

Good trick for the belt Marcos, this is the kind of finding I really like and I am not the only one.... 😉

Thanks Francis, and yes, that is one of the thing i like about this hobby, i can use a lot of stuff that can match 1:1 parts or tools

5 hours ago, Ian McLaren said:

The design on your wheelie bars looks correct, what size tube  does your material scale to. Bars that long are usually  1 1/4" for the lower and 1 1/2" for the upper tubes.

Thanks Ian, well, the evergreen rods that i use is the #222, which is 0.062", so basically I'm using 1 1/2" on lower and top bars in scale, pretty closet to the real deal

1 hour ago, Tortuga Kustomz said:

Thanks Francis, and yes, that is one of the thing i like about this hobby, i can use a lot of stuff that can match 1:1 parts or tools

Thanks Ian, well, the evergreen rods that i use is the #222, which is 0.062", so basically I'm using 1 1/2" on lower and top bars in scale, pretty closet to the real deal

Ok, that is definately in the ballpark. I read an article in a model railroad book on scale effects and have seen similar thoughts on armour modeling sites that related to the effect of the scale viewing distance on size and colors.  The theory goes models should be painted slightly lighter in color and smaller details should be slightly under scale to look "right".  I don't know if I fully endorse this line of reasoning but I never use black on my models, always a very dark grey and if I can't use or get the correct scale size material I always error to the next smaller size available, never up.  Plug wires and injector hoses always look more correct when slightly under scale, especially when they are photographed.  I do try to use correct scale materials when available but I think about this most times that I'm working with smaller measurements

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/24/2023 at 10:25 AM, Ian McLaren said:

WOW it just keeps getting better and better Marcos, two thumbs way up!

Thank you Ian, i'm very happy with the results

On 5/25/2023 at 1:18 AM, Straightliner59 said:

Coming along very nicely! Good work, my friend!

Thanks Daniel

Time to work on my Lenco transmission, added some decals and started assembling and painting hte PE Lenco from futurattractions, also paint my scratch build optima battery and it's coming real nice too

70.5 Camaro Promod update 7 - Imgur (7).jpg

70.5 Camaro Promod update 7 - Imgur (6).jpg

70.5 Camaro Promod update 7 - Imgur (5).jpg

70.5 Camaro Promod update 7 - Imgur (4).jpg

70.5 Camaro Promod update 7 - Imgur (3).jpg

70.5 Camaro Promod update 7 - Imgur (2).jpg

70.5 Camaro Promod update 7 - Imgur (1).jpg

• Like 2

15 hours ago, John B. said:

Very nice - a master class in detailing!

Thank you John, glad you like it

Here is another update on this bad boy, definetly one of favorite details of this project, Lenco trans from Futurattractions, just love it

70.5 Camaro Promod update 8 - Imgur (3).jpg

70.5 Camaro Promod update 8 - Imgur (2).jpg

70.5 Camaro Promod update 8 - Imgur (1).jpg

70.5 Camaro Promod update 8 - Imgur.jpg

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Ian McLaren said:

Great job on the Lenco, it's hard to tell it from the real deal, well done!

Thank you Ian, really appreciate that

5 hours ago, Straightliner59 said:

Lenco looks sweet! Nice work, Marcos!

Thanks Daniel

Here are some pictures of the engine before i put it in place for good in the chassis

70.5 Camaro Promod update 8 - Imgur (3).png

70.5 Camaro Promod update 8 - Imgur (2).png

70.5 Camaro Promod update 8 - Imgur (1).png

70.5 Camaro Promod update 8 - Imgur.png

• Like 3