Model Cars Magazine Forum

Testor's is No More

Just for info to all my buds here: after noticing supplies dwindling I asked my hobby shop friend and he confirmed. Rust Oleum has bought the Testor's line and is phasing them out. Evidently they were a money loser so stock up while you can. Model Master as well as the small enamel bottles. Gone.

My two local Hobby Town posted the discontinued notice before the Holidays.

One store just recently removed the Testors Model Master rack altogether, and replaced it with  Humbrol bottle and rattle can racks.

The other store has the rack but a diminished supply as of this afternoon.

The regular Testors rack remains and I heard him say it was only the Model Master line being discontinued.

You might check Hobby Lobby as well...they appear to still have the basic Testors line as of two weeks ago.

What's with this Revell line of paint I have seen advertised in my last Scale auto I purchased,  which I guess was the last ever scale auto magazine? I was at Hobby Lobby yesterday. Had not been there in a year because of Covid. I finally got both of my vaccination injections and waited the 2 weeks. I did not see any Revell paint, but I was glad they still had Evergreen styrene. 

The Testors name remains and is still available. They are discontinuing every product line under the Testors umbrella. That includes Model Master. They said they would be incorporating some of the sub-line colors into the remaining Testors line, but a vast majority of it will be gone once current supply runs out.

Man, there is so much mis-information out there in the world